Used 2006 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 155 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Totaled my Honda
By Melanie

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 16 year old son totaled my Honda this weekend when he fell asleep driving. From the look of the car, it would seem that no one could have walked away from the crash. It was totally pushed in in front and then rolled 2 times. The car saved his life. The safety features worked exactly as they were supposed to and he came away with only bruises from the seat belt and an abrasion on his hand from the air bag deployment. I am totally convinced that the CRV deserves the accolades it gets for safety!

2006 Honda CR-V
By J. Maschler

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have owned Hondas since 1976. This (2006 CRV) is by far the worst one. It drives like a truck without a suspension. Poor gas mileage (22 mpg) and very noisy. Very restricted leg room.

Loading capability.

Improve gas mileage. Reduce the noise. Change the suspension. Improve the leg room.

By kathy

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The car is very dependable and has good power. However there are three points that are very bothersome. First, the paint is of pour quality and the exterior of my car is looking bad. I think I can scratch the paint job up with just my fingernail. Second, the car has a lot of road noise. Thirdly, the gas mileage was not as it stated on the sticker (23/29) when I bought it. I have never had better than 26 hwy and around the city i average 18 to 19 mpg.

Car has good power.

Needs better paint job and better gas mileage.

Love my Honda
By Dawn

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have never felt as safe in a car as I do in this one. It never slips on the snowy Vermont roads. It handles very nicely, there is plenty of room inside, and nothing ever goes wrong with it. I wouldn't trade it for anything (except maybe a newer CR-V).

safety

140,000 miles and going
By takethisandthat

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have no mechanical problems at all with this car. The gas mileage is 26 on the hwy which should be better. The seats are very hard, had to buy a gel seat to sit on. It handles OK but in the wind it gets moved around some. Also, it is loud from road noise. My black paint is like cheap nail polish. But I am sure I will drive this over 200,000 and have no problems.

very dependable

better seat comfort, better paint, reduce the road noise