Used 2006 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 155 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Almost 100,000 and still going good
By Mario Matias

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm at 90,000 miles and haven't really had any major problems with the vehicle. Only thing I've had to replace is my tires. The only unscheduled issues I've had is problems with the truck's trim. It is a little cheap and not secured very well. A piece of the windshield trim flew off and I have a few other pieces of trim that are coming loose. That's not too big of a deal though. It's a nice family suv, it's very reliable and easy to work on. The pull-out table in the trunk is a nice little added feature also. I do recommend getting better tires if you want to take full advantage of the AWD. I definitely recommend this vehicle though.

AWD, pull-out table, back seats flip all the way up against the front seats.

Higher quality trim. Bigger tires. More speeds on windshield wipers.

Still going strong!
By greensuv

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda CR-V and I don't have any major complaints. I've never broken down, and have only had to replace a few parts. The added features on the Special Edition like heated seats make me feel like I'm driving a luxury car.

I love the practicality of the size, and the versatility of the the backseats - you can move furniture or transport kids.

My only small complaint is that the headlights are not very bright.

ABS VSA Lights are on @ ~110K
By noahred

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a PTTR (pull to the right) problem when I first got it - brand new. Dealer agreed to fix it after a few trips. Make sure you're driving the actual car you're going to buy - when you're buying a brand new car.

ABS & VSA lights came on around 110K miles. Dealer asked $2000 to fix!

These being said it's a reliable car. I would buy it again.

AWD - snow or rain. This car doesn't care.

Seats can be better.

Love this car!
By hillaryous

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used in July of 2011. It had one previous owner and 130,000 miles. Since I've bought it I have put just over 10,000 miles on it. I have so much fun driving it. My sister drove it once and loved it too. Its very spacious. It is a little noisy but that just gives me a reason to turn the music up louder. Its great for roadtrips and just back and forth to school and work. I will drive this into the ground and then will probably buy a Pilot instead of another CR-V because I don't like that the newer model's backends open up instead of out to the side plus I like the extra room.

A reliable, durable pleasure!
By freshlife51

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've thoroughly enjoyed this tough little SUV!! From Sept. 2005 thrul March 2012 I've put about 70,000 miles on my EX automatic transmission, city driving about 3/4 of the time. It's agile (fantastic turn circumference & good get-up-and-go for hwy on-ramps), comfortable & roomy (great passenger & cargo space! Car seat plus 2 adults fit in back), & has cheerfully handled our over-loaded vacation road trips. I've not had to put a dime into my CR-V except for scheduled maintenance & to (rarely) replace "disposables" like a bulb or tires. Not luxurious but quite comfortable. Road noise is annoyingly pronounced (get with it, Honda!!), but otherwise, this attractive workhorse has been a pure joy!

Agile handling; roomy interior for passengers and cargo; functional storage spaces; unique location of gear shift frees up space for purse/backpack on center front floor; sound system.