Used 2006 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

A Good Basic AWD
By Holidaybarb

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I wanted a reasonably priced AWD to replace my beloved 1995 Nissan Pathfinder. The CR-V is exactly what I expected. It runs well and reliably. The gas mileage is about 25MPG - in a good mix of city and highway driving. At first it was hard to adjust to the sounds of the 4 cylinder engine, but I think it actually has a little more pick-up than the Pathfinder did on hilly merges. This is basic, sure-footed, reliable transportation. It's good in the rain and easily gets me up my big hill driveway in the snow. The rear cargo area holds a lot of stuff. And the silver color looks pretty good too.

The AWD at reasonable price AND the reliability.

Last year of Japanese Mfg shows
By Don

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is the smallest SUV with AWD I would consider since we are not small people. It is also the first four cylinder I've had for about 20 years. We dumped a V-8 Durango for this little gem, and it does the job. Plenty of power even with the 5 speed auto, but I wish we would have gotten a stick. The D3 setting (only uses lower 3 gears) works well in the hills. It revs quite a bit when you get on it, but climbs well. Not enough leg room for me to drive or ride in front for more than about an hour with the seats all the way back. Very maneuverable though! 2006 was the last year these were made in Japan, and the build quality is there. No rattles, runs smooth and quiet.

Decent power, pickup, well built.

More leg room in front.

Truck like ride
By R. Neal

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Most everything on the vehicle will get a passing grade, except for the ride. On the highway road noise is very loud and on back roads the ride is downright harsh and uncomfortable. Typical of stiff suspension and short wheel base vehicles. I am also disappointed in the gas mileage. I would have thought a four cylinder engine would get more than 20mpg highway. You get what you pay for, I guess. I would not buy another one.

None that stand out.

Improve ride; gas mileage; make the steering wheel controls (cruise&radio) illuminated at night.

Worst vehicle ever owned
By nashcbr929

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I hate this car, I traded my f-150 supercrew 5.4 for this CR-V because my wife wanted something smaller w/better gas mileage. My truck got 13.5 everywhere, and this CR-V gets about 14 in town, and I completely baby this thing. I keep it under 2000 rpms everywhere in town and still get 14 mpg. It doesn't lock the doors automatically in drive, no auto headlights, terrible ergonomics in the seats and driving position. The only thing positive I have to say about it is that it has light steering and handles decent.

Table in the back, the shifter position, 6 disk cd player, heated seats.

Fuel mileage could be improved a lot! Seats could be more ergonomic. More power. More towing.

The seats are stiff and uncomfortable
By Sus

2006 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded down from a Honda Pilot with leather seats. I rode in the back seat of the CRV for the first time after owning the car for 8 months. Not enough leg room, horrible head rests, stiff seats- we cancelled our vacation plans.

Window locks, and the cup tray that folds down when not in use.

Reassign some of the back storage to accommodate leg room in the back seat. Use seats that are more comfortable.