Used 2006 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

My CRV
By paul

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought it new as I wanted a fuel efficient small SUV and I believe Honda makes the best. Believe or not I actually used the hidden picnic table for some work I had to do on a leaf blower. It is extremely quick off the line, handles ok, but will get new sticky wider tires to help that. The sunroof rocks, the cd changer is great, and sound is fine but not as good as the Element. 21-22 mpg in town. On a trip, 26-28.

Sunroof, comfortable seats, reasonable room for carrying things, quick around town, fun to drive for what it is.

I would give it a slightly bigger engine with better torque down low, increase the towing to 3500 lbs, add lower wider stickier tires, and lower the car or at least have Honda supply aftermarket goodies. Better exhaust sound.

Great little SUV
By warner

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall, I love this SUV. I was worried going from a V6 to a 4 cylinder, but I'm actually surprised at the pick-up this car has. The AWD has been a huge help in the snow and dirt even though it isn't a true 4x4. It is comfortable and has plenty of space and I like the interior layout. I have had a problem with the glove box not completely closing and was told by honda that it is a frequent problem and that they just replace it. It also makes a clanking sound when you first start to drive, but I was told by Honda that it was the rear ABS activating. It worried me at first, but I guess it's ok.

AWD, interior layout, quick for a 4 cylinder, lots of cargo room for a small SUV.

Should be able to lock the doors before you shut the door, auto headlights, rear ac, iPod connection should be standard.

All But The Mileage
By Paul

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned four Hondas, all have been great reliable cars. In this new addition, the gas mileage is a crime. There should be a law to prevent misrepresenting gas mileage this much. This 4 cyl CRV is getting about the same mileage my 4X4 Toyota Tundra Pickup go when it was new. 17 MPG driving the same roads.

As you can see by my rating of 9-10 on everything else the CRV is what I expected except it is costing me about $700-800 more per year in gas that was advertised. Our gas here in Hawaii has been between $3.00 -$3.25 per gal.

Tell the truth about the gas mileage.

30+ yrs of Driving Hondas
By ML Sylvester

2006 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've been driving Hondas since 1977 (accord, civics, hybrid and acura) and this is my 6th. I really enjoy my '06 CRV/SE. It handles well and is the perfect size for me. I traded in my Civic Hybrid because I wanted more room for camping, etc. The Hybrid got about 42+ mpg so it's a bit tough getting used to the new 22 mpg at 30%/70% city/hwy driving in the CR-V. I haven't decided which model I'm getting for my 7th.

Love the heated seats! Location of controls, roominess, stereo sound, auto window up, all the cubbyholes/pockets.

Power seats, better cup holders, make the backseats removable.

2006 Best Choice
By Mike

2006 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Decided on the 2006 due to the 2007's lack of a manual trans. The CR-V has done everything I've asked of it. Trips to the hardware store, plowing through snow storms, hauling people and gear with ease, it's just about the perfect vehicle. Fuel economy hovers in the upper 20's in the summer, low 20's in the winter. Recommend the CR-V to anyone who asks.

Stability control, all-wheel-drive, adjustable rear seats, huge cargo area, cool handbrake lever

Needs 6th gear for freeway, telescoping steering wheel adjust would be appreciated