Used 2006 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 153 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Worst vehicle ever owned
By nashcbr929

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I hate this car, I traded my f-150 supercrew 5.4 for this CR-V because my wife wanted something smaller w/better gas mileage. My truck got 13.5 everywhere, and this CR-V gets about 14 in town, and I completely baby this thing. I keep it under 2000 rpms everywhere in town and still get 14 mpg. It doesn't lock the doors automatically in drive, no auto headlights, terrible ergonomics in the seats and driving position. The only thing positive I have to say about it is that it has light steering and handles decent.

Table in the back, the shifter position, 6 disk cd player, heated seats.

Fuel mileage could be improved a lot! Seats could be more ergonomic. More power. More towing.

The seats are stiff and uncomfortable
By Sus

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded down from a Honda Pilot with leather seats. I rode in the back seat of the CRV for the first time after owning the car for 8 months. Not enough leg room, horrible head rests, stiff seats- we cancelled our vacation plans.

Window locks, and the cup tray that folds down when not in use.

Reassign some of the back storage to accommodate leg room in the back seat. Use seats that are more comfortable.

My CRV
By paul

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought it new as I wanted a fuel efficient small SUV and I believe Honda makes the best. Believe or not I actually used the hidden picnic table for some work I had to do on a leaf blower. It is extremely quick off the line, handles ok, but will get new sticky wider tires to help that. The sunroof rocks, the cd changer is great, and sound is fine but not as good as the Element. 21-22 mpg in town. On a trip, 26-28.

Sunroof, comfortable seats, reasonable room for carrying things, quick around town, fun to drive for what it is.

I would give it a slightly bigger engine with better torque down low, increase the towing to 3500 lbs, add lower wider stickier tires, and lower the car or at least have Honda supply aftermarket goodies. Better exhaust sound.

Great little SUV
By warner

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Overall, I love this SUV. I was worried going from a V6 to a 4 cylinder, but I'm actually surprised at the pick-up this car has. The AWD has been a huge help in the snow and dirt even though it isn't a true 4x4. It is comfortable and has plenty of space and I like the interior layout. I have had a problem with the glove box not completely closing and was told by honda that it is a frequent problem and that they just replace it. It also makes a clanking sound when you first start to drive, but I was told by Honda that it was the rear ABS activating. It worried me at first, but I guess it's ok.

AWD, interior layout, quick for a 4 cylinder, lots of cargo room for a small SUV.

Should be able to lock the doors before you shut the door, auto headlights, rear ac, iPod connection should be standard.

All But The Mileage
By Paul

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned four Hondas, all have been great reliable cars. In this new addition, the gas mileage is a crime. There should be a law to prevent misrepresenting gas mileage this much. This 4 cyl CRV is getting about the same mileage my 4X4 Toyota Tundra Pickup go when it was new. 17 MPG driving the same roads.

As you can see by my rating of 9-10 on everything else the CRV is what I expected except it is costing me about $700-800 more per year in gas that was advertised. Our gas here in Hawaii has been between $3.00 -$3.25 per gal.

Tell the truth about the gas mileage.