Used 2005 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 348 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Best vehicle ever own
By Dan

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CR-V SE back in Nov of 2004 and still own the car today with 61,500 miles. So far I have been very please with my CR-V because there have been no problems. I change my oil every 5000 to 7500 miles with Amsoil motor oil. I services the transmission myself every 15,000 miles. It's easy because it has a drain plug just like changing the oil. I highly recommended any type of Honda vehicle to anyone because my has been so reliable, my mother and brother both own a Honda. All three of our cars get great gas mileage better than what the window stickers says. I am thinking of getting a new Honda CR-V Turbo Diesel when its comes in late 2009 as a 2010 year model because of the better MPG.

Great gas mileage and its gets up to 37 mpg sometimes on the highway going at 60 mph. Its also so easy to keep clean and easy to change the oil and transmission fluids. I like the leather seats because its really makes the car looks nice.

I wish my CR-V has a Turbo Diesel like the CR-V in other countries like England because they get better mpg and they last longer than gas engines. The gas engines is a little underpowered on the mountains in Colorado but it's not terrible, but its could used an extra 15 horsepower and more torque.

Saved My Life
By JD

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had a hard side-impact collision (T- boned by a pickup truck) on 7/30/08. Car was totaled; I was not injured. That's good enough for me. I'm buying another CR-V. I bought it for the safety and I'll buy another one for the same reason.

SAFETY.

Occasionally wouldn't start; dealer could find nothing wrong. Auto door locking at a certain speed.

Excellent car!
By Stretch

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This has been a great car for me and my husband and two golden retrievers. Love that we got an interior with leather, the dog hair would have been awful on cloth. It's pretty comfy to drive in, although my husband (5'11") complains about the way it feels for him to drive it, his knees bump into the console.

Heated seats, steering wheel radio controls, cargo space, folding seats

Gear shift is in the way of the radio, improve the between-the-seats console. I think they've done these on the newest CR-V model

My Last CR-V
By dave14139

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our second and last CR-V. Has served us well but we are just tired of this small vehicle (we are not large people). Just put second set of rear rotor and pads on the rear at 50,000 miles. Fronts on second set of pads. Need to replace the rear caliper, $375 at dealer for parts only. $74 at autozone. CR-V is alright for around-town driving but too small for a road trip. OEM tires terrible - now on Michelins and much better ride. 26-27 mpg on highway trip at 70-75 mph. AWD works great as we live in Buffalo snow belt. Considering used grand caravan or Odyssey.

AWD, Stereo.

Reduce the road noise, improve brake durability, improve fuel mileage.

CR-V forever
By Love my Honda

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th CR-V. Love the reliability. Traded in my new 2007 cr- v for the boxier model. The 2007 was to much like a car as apposed to a small SUV. Only real downfall is the gas mileage. The 2007 got 400 miles to the 15 gal tank. 2005 gets about 1/3 less, makes a difference when gas is over $4/gal. Great for "home depot" trips.

safety, quality and sitting higher than a car. Looks cool as well.

need more space in front. to closed in from dash to front seats. intermittent wipers need more speed.