Used 2005 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 348 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

62,000+ miles and no problems!
By bvf925

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my CR-V in 2005 after trading in a '98 Subaru Forester that was starting to give me some headaches. Immediately, I realized I was in a much better, high-end vehicle. I have not had any problems at all with it. Just replaced the battery earlier this year, and I'm looking for my 3rd set of tires (current set of Tiger Paw's are lousy in snow). I will need rear rotors & pads soon, but that's it so far! The gas mileage is fantastic, there's plenty of room for 3 adults in the backseat, tons of cargo room, the exterior looks great - no paint chipping or fade like my old Subaru. Looked at a new '10 Forester just for fun & the interior looks cheap. My CR-V is a Lexus in comparison.

Steering wheel radio controls, classy exterior appearance, great gas mileage, no squeaks or rattles, manual 5 speed tranny, lots of storage, smooth ride, and the picnic table! Too bad that was discontinued.

Operator controlled AWD for those of us who live in snow country - the brief blast of AWD to the rear wheels isn't enough sometimes. I've gotten stuck in my driveway & couldn't get out without a shovel or snow blower. The key is to get winter tires if you live in very snowy areas.

Disappointed Honda Owner
By Mom of three

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a brand new 2005 Honda CRV EX Auto AWD after I had a Ford Expedition that constantly broke down. Wanted a reliable car, Unfortunately it hasn't been so great with 53,000 it is broken once again. Lived in all climates from humid in Georgia, snow in Maine and dry heat in California. My 93 Oldsmobile runs better, gets better gas mileage, and is more reliable. I had to replace tires, O2 switch, rotors, and now AC has called it quits. I do the oil changes and maint. on time yet it is sluggish, won't do hills and vinyl on the doors has ripped because back seat not wide enough for three car seats. Disgusted and disappointed in Honda. Dealer doesn't even carry the stock tires! That stinks.

6 disk CD player, two outlets, reclining back seats.

TIRES! AC system, ENGINE POWER!, GAS MILEAGE, sad that Honda has such a poor gas mileage car. Can't wait to get rid of it.

Happy to own one
By originalbryan

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We (wife & I, no kids) purchased this due to our frequent outdoors trips. Shortly after purchasing, we drove in a blizzard and on icy roads for 2.5 weeks. The AWD worked great during the storms and icy conditions. After the blizzards, we loaded a small (4x8) trailer on the back with our belongings and drove 1,300 miles along the western coast, then through the deserts into CO. We drove though the Rockies and in snow often, eventually driving another 1,200 miles with another 4x8 trailer to the south eastern US. We've spend a LOT of hours in this vehicle and used it to drag a trailer across the entire US. OR to CO to AL. Love the vehicle, no complaints at all.

AWD, center console, style, MPG, the engine.

A standard stereo input jack.

Worst Car I have ever owned
By 2005Hd

2005 Honda CR-V SUV LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased new in Oct of 2005 and can't wait to get rid of it. VERY uncomfortable to drive any amount of time over 1.5 hours. Road noise is VERY pronounced. Interior materials are substandard - very easy to mark plastics & can never remove these marks through cleaning or rubbing. The radio is starting to malfunction. Sun visors will not stay up against the windshield. Thus, I have to point the visor toward my face in order to block the sun & drive at the same time. The auto transmission does not shift smoothly - first gear is geared too low. Hey Honda, how about making the oil capacity either 4 or 5 quarts, NOT 4.4! No more Honda vehicles for me.

I honestly cannot say anything positive about this car.

Center console table between front seats is worthless as there is no rubberized surface to keep objects from sliding around & the handle to collapse the console ALWAYS catches on anything placed on the floor with straps (i.e. backpack etc). Lots of air leaks, underpowered engine, VERY weak heater.

Love IT...but it eats motor oil
By MayK

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a used 2005 Honda CRV and it drives great. However, the only problem I have is that it slowly eats motor oil...Is this TRUE??? To avoid any complications I just have to change the motor oil on time. Love the size, body, and height!

6 CD player, controls on the wheel

Fix the problem of engine eating motor oil.