Used 2005 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 348 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Another Disappointed Honda Customer
By Gina Mac

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

4 years and 66,000 km needed a VSA replacement-very costly had to autosalvage it. Now material is peeling off doors on inside of cabin. I wish I had not sold my '98 Civic which was virtually problem free for this vehicle which I can not wait to unload.

Comfortable to drive, AWD, Hatchback style is great for large dog and camping supplies

Honda needs to lengthen their warranty and stand by their vehicles.

heaters
By rob

2005 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my crv but I wish they had a better heating system in them for the winter months.. I find the higher I set my heater the more it seems to suck the gas gauge down ( fast) maybe I am setting it wrong or something. Also I wish they would put a bigger gas tank on them .. Other than that I love my crv

heating system and gas mileage

Off-Road Review
By autophotographer1

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I photograph vehicles for a living and I drive all sorts of different types of vehicles. I have to say, this was the most fun I have ever had driving an SUV off road for my pictures. I took a Chevy Avalanche in the same area I took this Honda CR-V. I had a hard time getting the Chevy Avalanche to climb this solid 45° slope for pictures, however this little CR-V took the slope like it was NOTHING! I'm a fan of large trucks and SUV's but guess what. Those larger trucks and SUV's are not going to make it through tight trails behind woods like this little fox can. It's more comfortable than it looks and has a lot more room than portrayed.

I love the little picnic table that comes standard with this vehicle. It could be so useful in many ways regardless if you go camping or not. You can go to the park with your kids and make it a nice little lunch table.

As mentioned before. I am not a big fan of the way this vehicle looks. The design could use a lot of improvements. It also could use a ride- height adjustment feature. The one thing I did notice was all the grass and twigs touching the underbody. No damage taken, but definitely gave me a cringe.

100k and No problems!
By crazyhazydazy

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my CRV for over 4 years now, over 100k miles, no problems except for changing the oil, the tires, the brakes and the rear differential fluid, and I drive aggressively. The CRV is fun to drive, looks attractive even though not new, and I don't feel as if I'm being "overconsumptive" even though I'm driving a SUV.

big back seat that sits high, ability to sleep in car if needed, that table in the rear end (that I've never used, but I like showing it off!), fun to drive, looks great 4 yrs old even tho dirty and dinged- I still get compliments- looks better than the current version (IMHO)

Road noise can definitely be improved, lighted visor mirrors, electric seat adjustment (on EX or SE models), ability to plug in ipod or mp3 to stereo, some of the "extras" such as fog lights and mudflaps should be standard.

A/C Compressor "Black Death"
By Beth

2005 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been a victim of the A/C compressor defect, along with countless others. I have a 2005 CR-V, which had the first compressor go bad at 56,000 miles. I bought it new from Coral Springs Auto Mall in 08/05. In 05/08, the A/C system failed to blow cold air. I took it in and the dealer told me that the compressor "exploded" and shot filament through the whole system, hoses and all had to be replaced for 3200.00. I am a single mother, and could not afford that. I called my own personal mechanic, who told me that my compressor "locked up", brought it out, and showed me what happened and how it worked. He fixed it for 1300.00.