Used 2005 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 348 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

CRV- A Wise Choice
By bill

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I looked at many SUV's that were about the same size and many that were larger than the CRV and this was by far the best. The SE model has many extras including leather interior, six disc CD, heated seats and mirrors, moonroof and plenty of passenger/cargo space as well as an excellent ride. The CRV is not meant to haul trailers but is an excellent family vehicle, that has the reliability of being a Honda, and the safeness of real time four wheel drive and a few other safety features. This SUV is not the most stylish, but overall the best that I have driven with excellent gas mileage!

Great Vehicle at a Reasonable Price
By freelanceinsa

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my graphite pearl CRV three months ago after months of investigation and test drives of all small SUVs in this category. Ninety days after purchase, I believe I made the right choice. As a former owner of a Chevy Silverado pickup, I had an adjustment period in the shorter wheelbase vehicle--ride a bit choppy and tire noise more intrusive, especially on coarse pavement. But I liked the much improved fuel mileage-- about 22 in town (I drive very conservatively.) and 26--27 on the highway at a steady 65 mph. Handling is tight, steering a bit heavy, fit and finish exceptional, seating firm but comfortable, controls smoothe and intuitive. Of course, it'a a Honda, so it will last!

Excellent build quality; fit and finish, crisp handling. Good gas mileage, attractively roomy interior and exterior, smoothe-shifting five speed automatic, easy to handle in traffic, low maintenance requirements. Roomy, versatile interior.

Needs about 10-15 more horsepower. The trans. has to downshift even at the slightest grade increase. Reduce road/tire noise. Also, the small and dim lighting of some dash info could be improved--outside temp., radio nos., etc. Automatic doorlocks and daytime running lights should be standard.

Same as always, but with leather heated
By Bill Burckhardt

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

LOVE my CRV third one in five years. So Happy with the leather seats. But, when we they ever change the damn windshild wipers to be like the ones in Accord. Driver needs to be able to adjust the amount of time between wipes. Also why is the gas cover release soooo out of the way. why not on the doo?? LOVE the CRV but still don'r see the MPG I thought I'd see.

Love the whole crv, except fot itmes noted. this is my third in five years traded a 2004 for the 2005 when I saw the SE

Need to install the same wiper speed control as in the ACCORD, alos why is the damn gas cover release so low and out of the way?? Can't it be mounted on the door or next to the seat as in the accord?

my new crv special edition review
By jennifer waugh

2005 Honda CR-V SUV Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought my CR-V Special Edition in June of 2005, it's my 3rd Honda & so far so good, I love it. It's so much fun to drive, I like being up above the other cars on the road. We have alot of rain over here on the Big Island of Hawaii & the CR-V handles very well in rain & on curves. It's a very quiet vehicle, some times I can hardly tell it's running. There is plenty of room in the back seat for tall passengers. Ant there is so much storage space, Now my dog & I go everywhere in it. I'm glad I bought it instead of another car. Well gotta hit the road....

I love the comfort of the seats and the ease of driving. I like being higher up than the cars going by. I feel safer with all the extra air bags, The stereo has great sound too. Love it..

The front arm rest are too short, could be a little longer & a bit wider. glove compartment in from could be a bit larger, it's so flat & small inside.

Great except driver's seat
By Mombear

2005 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love this car except for comfort of driver's seat. It needs thigh support behind the knees and more adjustments. Am not sure if I would like to take a long drive in this due to leg discomfort. Great in snow, excellent safety features. Too many useless compartments, though. Visability is super. I would definately recommend this car to anyone who wants a small SUV.

Rear window's ability to open, visability, handling, reliability, safety features, all wheel drive, fold down try between front seats

Driver's seat similar to Accord's, with better leg support and lumbar choices, add a compass and put spare tire in wheel well instead of on back door