Used 2005 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 348 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Love my CRV
By Dan

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought this SUV after comparing with the Escape which I like also, however decided on the CRV because of better resale and quality. Also liked the styling better thans the Toyota Rav. Really liked the Kia too but was leary of Kia 's reputation.

Moonroof, styling, audio mounted steering wheel controls. 6 CD in-dash stereo. Fantastic A/C system and AWD.

Better beefier armrest, more color choices... that's about it. Love this SUV and will keep it for years!!!

A Big Disappointment
By George

2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I bought the vehicle two weeks ago and it has spent more time in the shop then us enjoying it. The vehicle has been there three times for the same problem(front alignment). Afetr each visist we were told that the vehicle was corrected and that it meet Honda specs, and each time they found something else wrong. If this is Honda specs I would advise against purchasing a Honda. The enigne is lack laster at best. The body is suppose to be on a Civic chasis but fels more like a jeep.

AC

Stonger engine. Better ride.

Excellent 5-speed auto on 2005 SE!!
By 2005 CR-V SE man!

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My first test drive was one year ago with 2004 EX. It was a nightmare with 4- speed auto. I was not even considered anymore to buy a CR-V after that, but somehow salesman got me back to dealership. He remembered my negative comments about transmission. He enforced me to drive 2005 model, with same engine but new 5-speed automatic transmission. Car acceleration was changed, also functionality was much better. Car shifts smoothly and still keeping firmness. I bought the car and still happy with my SE!

Engine, transmission and excellent fuel consumption!!

CRV Quality
By Wes

2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Honda, it has been good over all, but have concerns about the overall quality of Honda. 5000 miles, the driver front airbag sensor went. Dealer told me they have seen a lot on the 05 Odyssey with this problem. One of the trunk interial panels just never got install properly from the factory, has one corner popped out. I had a brand new Civic EX before, 2nd month I had the car, the bumper paint was peeling off. Otherwise I'm happy with the CRV, good size trunk and fuel economy, long list of standard featurescomparing to Toyota RAV4

side and curtain airbags, stability control, 16" wheels, tons of storage space.

Quality control at assembly line

Love My CRV
By TNcheryl

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 2005 SE version of the CRV and I love it. It is comfortable, fun to drive, and it gets great gas milege for an SUV. I had a 1999 CRV and I loved it, so when it came time to buy a new car I knew I had to have an upgraded version. I have not been disappointed. The added horsepower is wonderful and I love the leather interior on the SE version. The back seat is roomy even with a child seat and the back cargo area provide lots of storage. I recommend the CRV if you are looking for a practical, sporty, and fun to drive SUV.

Leather interior, 60-40 split rear folding seat, updated gear shift, radio controls on the steering wheel, AWD, and the safety features.

Nothing really but I would love it if it had power seats, and automatic front lights.