Used 2005 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 353 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Bullskin

2005 Honda CR-V Special Edition AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought our CRV new in 2005. Still running strong at 216,000. Only expenses have been fluids, brakes, tires, a battery and a starter. Treat them good and they'll return the favor. If I could buy another 2005 brand new I would do it in a heartbeat. We love this car.

306 Thousand miles and still runs like new
By Samuel

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you are looking for an inexpensive used car you can not go wrong with an CR-V. I have owned this car since it was new and it is one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned. I believe that I can put over 400 thousand miles on it and it will still be running.

Slow but steady wins the race!
By Mrs. Beal

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This CR-V doesn’t have the road-swallowing pickup I was used to from my previous Hondas. (Prelude & Accord) But otherwise I’m very happy with this purchase. The ride feels very comfortable and stable, the visibility is great (no blind spot that I’ve noticed) and the AWD and high clearance make the climb up my driveway much easier. I call this car Snorlax because it’s powerful and sleepy just like the Pokémon!

I planned to drive it forever until...
By N McLain

2005 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

...my wife got hit and it got totaled. At the time it was 13 years old with about 190k miles and I seriously would have driven it for 100k more. We had very few problems with this vehicle and it’s still incredibly comfortable. We did have some A/C issues, but I won’t hold that against the CR-V, b/c that was a Honda issue at the time. Besides our local long-time Honda mechanic fixed them no problem. Had some other issues that come with a vehicle of that age and mileage, but never anything major. I’ll truly miss driving my CR-V and have no idea what I’ll get next, b/c the CR-Vs just aren’t like they used to be. You made a good one, Honda and thanks for keeping my wife safe when she got hit. Speaking of that, the CR-V held up amazing in the accident, so it’s definitely a safe vehicle as well.

How it did thrive in 2005!
By Steven Kawa

2005 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Of course Honda should always be praised for it's engine reliability and performance (my main concerns when buying) but there have been a few issues I wished I could have seen coming. First of all, the front seat leg room is not good if you're over 6 feet tall. Secondly, the ride (suspension) left lots to be desired. Thirdly, changing the headlight bulbs is a bit of a chore which wouldn't be a big deal if they didn't burn out so often. And lastly, the instrument bulbs are also quite unsatisfactory. I'm hoping the 2018 models have addressed those issues. If they have, I WILL buy another CRV.