Used 2004 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 411 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

The Bionic CR-V
By Tracey

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After reading these reviews, I think I have the bionic cr-v. My car just turned over 100,000 while driving it today. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this car. It still looks new. I am JUST now replacing the front brakes after 100,000 miles and replaced the back brakes for the first time less than a year ago. My A/C works better than most cars that are brand new. There is excessive road noise and, true, the gas mileage could be better! My interior and exterior still look new. I don't have children or animals so that may be the reason. I love the inside design with the center tray. I too wish the back door didn't open to the side but that's the least of my desires for a vehicle. I love my car!

Center tray, roominess, chair arm rests, sun roof

Gas Mileage and Road Noise.

AC blows up
By dave

2004 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Honda accord hatchback in the 80's that was great. I bought my wife an 04 c-rv and it held up pretty well until this weekend . At 59,000 miles the ac locked up and the clutch assembly violently was ejected from the car. We limped home from Iowa to Oklahoma,and lo and behold there are at least a thousand other people online that have had similar experiences. Honda, shame on you for not fixing this. Hello Ford, we will be in contact shortly.

Make it right, Honda.

2004 cr-v
By tom-cuse

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ran great for the first 40,000 miles. Fun to drive, great in the winter (central NY).

AWD is the best

Better gas mileage , down to 15 mpg when using AWD in winter, great on the highway 26 mpg. Electric system needs improvement largest numbers of repairs, blown relays and control units , five different one so far at $450+ each time.

Fun Car
By Jackson

2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this new and really love it. Love the moon roof, the CD/radio, and the seating configuration options. As a tall guy, I fit in this thing well, even with the moon roof. Towing a U- Haul type trailer on the highway I get a respectable 19mpg at 55mph. Original tires were noisy and rough, but lasted to 50K - replaced with Michelin's. Replaced rear brakes at 72K. MPG have been (very) disappointing - have always beat EPA estimates on other cars. I get almost 25 going to work 7-miles away, but highway mileage is almost 22 on the cruise control. Overall average is 23.7.

Sound system, rear well, visibility, fun to drive

Better highway gas mileage (add a 6th gear for cruise), lower road noise, arm rest on the passenger seat, more cup holders up front, more useful console

I thought this was a Honda.......
By BMWfantic

2004 Honda CR-V LX Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We thought we were buying a Typical bulletproof Honda in February of 2007 when the car had 18K miles on it and was BABIED for the first owner. The car is comfortable and the interior material is quite good for the price and the car was fairly reliable until about 70K miles. Then the car started jerking when we went about 45 MPH. And the engine check decides when to turn on and off. Turns out the car had a bad 4th gear and needs a new transmission for an outrageous 3500 dollars. What a money. Now we need to dump and get a new car- about 2 years ahead of schedule. This is our first and last Honda. Don't buy these model years- the transmission fail VERY quickly!

I like the cup holders, the handling, and the interior controls were pretty user friendly with a good quality interior for the price. The trunk is also VERY spacious

Fuel economy is disgusting for this power- we have yet get more than 18 MPG city and 25 highway. The reliability needs light years of improvement. And would it hurt profits if the car had side airbags standard??