2002 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: disappointing

2002 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

disappointing
By Joe on

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car from private party who had leased it new and decided to sell it instead of turning it in at the end of the lease. Not long after I had it the Throttle sensor went out. You have to replace the whole throttle body. $750 at the dealership (parts only) I got one at a salvage yard for $300 plus $200 to replace. Next the AC compressor blew. $700 to fix. Next the TPS went out again. A new one this time. $900 to fix. Now the O2 sensor is bad at least another 3-$400. The tape player just went out. Two days ago my wife had it overheat while driving. It was out of coolant. I have no idea why. I refilled it and am holding my breath hoping it holds out long enough for me to sell it.

Nice ride. Looks good. Can tow 4 wheels down. Even though its a mechanical nightmare I can probably still get a pretty good price for it because of the good ratings it has.

Honda is one of the few that makes you replace the whole throttle body for the TPS (a $50 part at most!!!) They rivet the thing to the body. They won't even sell just the sensor by itself.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review