Used 2001 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Great purchase
By Deborah

2001 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for my oldest daughter with 60,000 miles and it now has 146,300 and is still going strong. I have always done all the recommended maintenance on it. The AWD feature is good in the snow or rain. It has lasted longer than I ever expected and has been a great investment. I would recommend it to anyone.

Interior cleans up nicely and is well designed.

Better stereo.

Fun for 7 years
By GFR

2001 Honda CR-V SUV SE AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

CR-V's are fun, comfortable, workhorses of a car-SUV-Offroad vehicle. Very, very low maintenance costs - less than $800 in repairs in 120,000 miles plus being towed 50,000 too. Great gas mileage - 28-30 mpg when on the highway and 25 in town. Good comfort, easy storage, easy to maintain, easy to cleanup and easy on the pocket book too. Only one complete set of tires plus two for front due to towing. And it is still worth $7,000 after paying $20,000 for it 7 years ago - can't beat that! We have used only synthetic oil and change it every 7500 miles - again real simple and inexpensive. Could be a good college car for a guy or gal. And Honda has a great rep too!

Light weight, easy handling, low cost to drive, great gas mileage and great visibility too.

Better front seat comfort, longer seat belt tiedowns on back seat, stronger plastic cover on back door.

Keeps going and going almost 200,000 miles
By fred scott

2001 Honda CR-V SUV EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased it new back in March of 2001. It is the best reliable little truck I have ever owned. With regular oil changes this baby will go forever. Change the timing belt at 100,000 miles and that clunking noise in the front end is minor - just replace the sway bar end links and bushings, no more clunking. I will not part with the crv; great in the rain and snow with high ground clearance. Recommend Yokohama trz tires... Buy it used, you don't even need a warranty - great reliability.

lots of room for small SUV, great reliability, high ground clearance for bad weather

under powered, not a speedster truck

I am a Hondaholic!
By alvarado4pack

2001 Honda CR-V SUV LX 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my CRV new in 2001 and loved it since. I have had no problems with it, I just get the oil changed every 3k miles and do the minor maint like tires, brakes and have fluids checked. I put almost 70k miles on it. It is very reliable. I feel safe in it too. It is a bit heavier than the new models, not as "flimsy". It has alot of space in the back. We travel a lot across country and we can fit all our luggage in the back. We will always have Hondas. I will drive it until it dies!

everything

Needs more power

Going the distance
By dave

2001 Honda CR-V SUV LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new to use for work. Had heard great things about Honda reliability and despite it's small size, my 6'3, 250 lb. mass fit pretty well. Wise choice. By any objective, practical measure, this has been an outstanding car. I flog it relentlessly and in 163,000 miles it has never let me down. In fact, except for scheduled maintenance items, nothing has ever gone wrong with it. Delivers 21 city and 27 on the road at 75mph, also will plow thru even deep snow effortlessly with it's seamless on demand AWD system. Always has looked a bit weird, but the inherent goodness grows on you. No plans on replacing it as I see no reason why it won't go another 100,000 miles... still runs like new.

Build quality, comfort (though it is a little noisy), anvil like reliability, gas mileage.

Quiet the cabin. Actually, I just rode in a new one and they have.