Used 2000 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Happy CR-V owner
By tapgypsy

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

My CR-V is now 6 years old and I have been very satisfied with its performance. Routine maintenance is all that has been required, except when I was rear-ended. Thankfully, after a rear bumper and the crumpled exhaust system was replaced, it was fine.

The size. It's not a huge, but big enough that you don't feel like you're swallowed up on the road by larger vehicles and semis.

Biggest complaint is the OEM tires. They are horrible. Also, when climbing hills the engine revs like the "little engine that could". A bit more power would be helpful.

Wonderful vehicle
By Scott

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I'm approaching 100,000 miles on this car, which I brought new. Am very pleased with its performance. Have only had it serviced at Honda dealer using Honda's maintenance schedule. Still on first set of brakes.

Mechanical reliability. Ultra reliable. Keyless entry a big plus.

None. If Honda offered a brand new 2000 Honda just like this one, I'd buy it when this one wears out. That may take awhile. My mechanic told me I should be able to get 250,000 miles on the engine.

New Owner of Used CRV
By New2hondas

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

Recently bought a used EX in great condition and 68k miles. Runs like a champ and very easy to drive. The quality is so top rate - and maybe the previous owner took good care of the car - that it scarcely feels used. Now I know when people say that Honda builds good vehicles.

Excellent build quality, outward vision, simplicity, ease getting in- and-out, fuel economy, short stopping distance, turns on a dime, overall utility.

Slightly underpowered, but who cares, my wife mostly uses it to putt around in.

not for me
By meg

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

We found the seats to be very uncomfortable. None of the cupholders in front are usable, can't even make small turns without everything falling over and spilling. You can't set somethng on the floor and expect it to stay they, things slide everywhere. We do like the folding table and the cd changer under driver seat. Gas mileage is good.

better cupholders in front.

My Best Vehicle Yet!
By Jorene Slowinsk

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

My Honda CR-V works for me. I do a lot of yard sales and often need to transport large items. The back seats are so easy to fold down, that I don't hesitate to make the adjustment at a whims notice. My family was here on vacation this summer. They drove up in a full size mini-van. With the way gas prices were increasing daily, we opted to use my CR-V. My son and his family will be in need of a replacement vehicle very soon and I'm planning on giving them my 2000 CR-V and purchasing a new one for myself.

When I drive, I prefer to sit high. The CR-V is the perfect vehicle for that reason. It's so easy to turn around in tight spaces and also a snap to park. Handling is a breeze. It is very easy to turn in tight places; also has great visibility.

The button to release the gas cap is located in a hard to reach area. Many times I find that I have to get out of the vehicle to push the release button. Passenger seat should also have arm rests.