Used 2000 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

I love my Honda
By bmmcc

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

The car is very reliable. The only downfalls are that it doesn't have much pick-up going up hills. Also, the back door opens a little awkwardly. Have to lift the glass window, and then open the lower part like a passenger seat door, to the side. Gas mileage is supposedly 19 mpg city, 23 highway, but I AVERAGE 26 to 30 mpg by driving the speed limit and avoiding sudden acceleration and deceleration. Car has 180,000, and the only thing wrong is ball bearings or something in the wheels, it makes grinding noises when I turn. We haven't had any major work done on the car.

We Love Our CRV
By B

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

We owned our Pre Owned CRV for 6 years and beat the heck out of it. Yes, it is true that the clock gave out years ago, and the cup holders are so shallow that your coffee gets tossed on the floor and rolls around down there once in awhile, and there is that little key problem on the driver's side door, but otherwise this car has had no major repairs, it always starts and is eager to go many miles. We really love our CRV and we would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Reliability. Reasonable to fix. Sensitive and smells like coffee!

Deeper cup holders. A clock that lasts the life of the car.

cr-v
By Alyssa

2000 Honda CR-V SE 4dr SUV AWD

I adore my car - somehow I lucked out and found one that is much, much quieter than most of the cars from this year. Handles well at all speeds, although periodically there is some steering wheel shake above 90 mph. I also have tested the gas mileage I get - several times- and I get somewhere between 25-28 mpg, as opposed to the reported 21 mpg. The breaks are excellent and very responsive. Tight turning radius. I love the column mounted steering design, but it takes some getting used to if you're switching from a regular sedan or SUV. The cup holders are weird, and the lock and window switch placement is bizarre.

acceleration, turning radius, brakes...

Most of the issues I have with my car were addressed in the new design...but they added a lot of things I find undesirable, which is why I went with the 2000 in the first place.

Ignore the owner's manual
By EAB

2000 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

One caveat. If you follow the owner's manual on this model, you WILL have problems and perhaps MAJOR problems. Some idiot decided that US CR-V's (98-2001 only) get a 105,000 valve interval in the owner's manual while all other countries' manuals state 30,000 miles. If you attempt to go to 105K without the valves adjusted, the engine may not make it. Ask Honda if you don't believe me. Instead, have the local Honda Dealer run the valves every 30,000K. If you are not sure if this has been done, get it DONE ASAP. While you're there, have 'em do the rear 4wd fluid as well as they lied about that one as well. It needs to be done every 30K.

Drives like a Civic, the 5 spd manual is BUTTER, and the engine, while it lacks low end grunt, will pull nicely above 4000 RPM

Make the clock to where you can read it, easier rear hatch, more sound deadening (all taken care of on the 2002-2006.

Love my Cr-v
By Terri

2000 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

I loved my cr-v very much. Good on gas, reliability is a plus. I was surprised with the picnic table, thought that was thought of Honda including it. Only thing I didn't like about the cr-v is highway uphills driving. There is a loud noise when you drive 70 mph or more. I hate that it can't handle curves and mountains. Other than that, I love my cr-v. I will be buying a 2006 next time. Hopefully honda has improve the cr-v.

The table and that it saves on gas in the city.

Improve on the gas mileage on the highway and please get rid of the noise when driving uphill. Needs more horse power.