Used 1999 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Last Honda??
By John Anonymoose

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

Performance and fuel mileage with the engine/automatic transmission are sub par. At 68,000 miles the cylinder head needs to be replaced, according to the dealer, who will pay for the parts, but refuses to pay for the labor, estimated at over $1200. I have owned Honda's since 1978, but the dealer and American Honda's unwillingness to accept responsibility for this very common problem will terminate this relationship.

The truck driving position.

Support common problem with extended warranties.

Good little Honda
By nonye

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I love everything about my Honda-CRV with the exception of two minor things. I did not like when my antenna broke off, but it was probably broken off by someone. Not Honda's fault. I also grew less in love with the manual transmission by the day. Seven years later, I'll admit it, I'm lazy and I've shifted enough. No more sticks in my life. Of course, this isn't Honda's problem. This car is a GREAT winter car. Even in 10 inch snowfalls, I couldn't get stuck.

A really good sound system for the time. Many seating configurations available for dogs and people.

None needed

LOVE MY CR-V!
By Katie

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I absolutely love my CR-V. I've had it for 7 years and 140,000 miles with no break-downs... just regular things like new tires, battery, etc. It has been a very convenient car for having two small children. Plus, it's sporty. It's traveled all over the USA with no problems ever. I'm getting ready to trade it in on a new CR-V.

My favorite features are all of the storage compartments throughout the car and the 6 cup holders. I also like the convenient swing tail gate on the back. It's much easier than a lift gate that most vand and SUV's have.

My kind of car
By Kelly

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

This car is very fuel efficient, comfortable and in my opinion has some spunk. I can get my car to go pretty quickly. I'd buy another in a heart beat.

I like the whole car.I haven't found anything I don't like yet.

The clock can be a little brighter but this car is sweet.

Wonderful Car to Own
By jan

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I've owned the CRV since 5/99 and have over 100,000 miles on it. There have been no major breakdowns or flaws. Some things are now needing to be replaced: the catalytic converter is one. The heating system/radiator needs some work now. But it is reliable and has never broken down on me. Mileage is great and it handles well, in snow or horrible rain. I'd buy another CRV in a heartbeat.

The way it handles... it doesn't skid and rarely hydroplanes, even in torrential rains. It is easy to load and comfortable. Even my 85 yr old mom can get in and out of it comfortably, without a stepstool!

none.