Used 1999 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

First SUV, recommended
By midkid72

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

My husband & I were looking for an SUV that wasn't to expensive because I just paid off my Honda Civic, & needed something bigger. We found this CR-V @ Salsbury Dodge Used Cars, (my husband works for them), & we decided to go look @ it on the lot & feel in love with it, so we traded in the civic & bought the CR-V. I've had a few problems with it -radiator & tires. But where I work, @ a building supply store, there are nails or screws that I get in the tires. I wish I could find some tires that don't go flat - lol!!

Sharp turns, roomy, little container under the passenger seat.

Put arm rest on passenger seat & put tires that don't go flat!

Very Practical Ride
By Bob

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

Great Utility vehicle and super reliable. I can't believe how much stuff will fit in the back with seats down. I practically remodeled an entire house without needing a truck.

Reliable as a Timex watch

more power better MPG. The MPG is a little disappointing for a honda. About 19 avg. between highway and city.

LOVE this car!!
By litleladybug28

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this car in April 2006 and absolutely LOVE my Honda!! I have had to replace my timing belt and water pump at 92,000 for the very first time in my Honda's life but otherwise it's great in winter weather,g reat to transport my dog and me. Great on gas for a 5spd. I'd buy another in a heartbeat! I LOVE my Honda CR-V!

Great gas mileage,swing out hatch door,

center console instead of small table with 2 cup holders,

A Must Have
By Cindy

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I have had this SUV for almost 9 years and have had no problems what-so-ever! I highly recommend this vehicle for everyday use. The only minor thing I had to replace, besides the usual tires, oil and filters, was the rear-differential fluid (at 100,000 miles) because it made a grinding noise when maneuvering tight turns. Great gas mileage between 23 and 26 city. It handled snow great! It also has child-safety locks for the back doors and windows. I would purchase another CR-V in a heartbeat, but don't particularly like the exterior of the newer models.

Fuel mileage. Interior space. Ground clearance, Full-size spare tire and easy accessability. And most of all, easy maintenance and great reliability!

It only comes in a 4-cylinder, maybe offer it in a V-6. Reduce road noise and rough ride.

Best All Around
By Mary Anderson

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

This has been the best used car I have ever purchased. I would like a new car but think I will hold on to this one a while longer. No major problems.