Used 1997 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1997 Honda CR-V SUV

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic - (47 reviews )

Great vehicle
By liz

1997 Honda CR-V SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I had my CR-V for 10 years and it is 230,000 miles on it. I still have it because I have not found anything better. I recommend it highly.

They way it handles on the highway, gas mileage, reliability, turns very tight corners, low center of gravity

stronger AC

don't buy this garbage
By david

1997 Honda CR-V SUV 4dr SUV AWD

We bought this car thinking that it would be good (it's a Honda) but were in for a big surprise. one year after we bought it, the car died on me on the highway and again when I was turning left onto a big road. we had the transmission replaced three years after purchase then we had an overheating problem. we sold the car five years later.

more horsepower and more reliability

Great vehicle. Bought this car new, and
By keith solt

1997 Honda CR-V SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Great vehicle. Bought this car new and have driven it 153000 miles without any problems. Have all records of regular service. All factory recommended maintenance has been done and recorded. Have made many trips in relative comfort and with very reasonable gas comsumption. Have changed tires at 60000 miles though there was always considerable wear left. Would recommend this car to anyone looking for dependable relatively inexpensive operation.

4 wheel drive when needed.

The best car
By Jadwiga

1997 Honda CR-V SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I own this car for 11 years, and if it ever give-up on me the next one will be Honda CR-V. Except for changing things like tires, brakes, and oil of course, nothing ever stop me from driving it. It is the best car not only for the money, but because it is the best.

Very Happy With Our CR-V
By David in Michigan

1997 Honda CR-V SUV 4dr SUV AWD

We have had this vehicle since the first year it became available in North America. Shortly after we purchased the vehicle, Honda replaced the auto transmission (apparently there was a design flaw). We have been extremely happy with everything about the CR-V and will keep it until it dies.

Good gas mileage; great roominess inside; better visibility than cars that ride lower.

Our vehicle is a 4 cylinder; the six was not available at the time of our purchase. There are times when it would be nice to have the larger engine.