Skip to main content
$32,010

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Smooth, quiet, super comfortable

Brian G, 11/02/2021
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This vehicle handles like a dream. The acceleration is impressive, and the transition from electric is barely noticeable. While the practical safety features give peace of mind, the interior, from the steering wheel to the dashboard to the seats, feels surprisingly like a luxury model.

Surprisingly quiet

George D, 10/28/2021
Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just purchased a new 2022 cr-v hybrid suv, the touring model. First off, it is to my wife and I, a luxury vehicle. Yes I know that this is not a luxury car, but to us it very nice. Great features, but the thing that has to take time is how quiet it is. When you start the car, no engine noise, just a warning on the dash that says, “ car is ready to drive. “ Plenty of space and features. With gas prices going up, this car says 600-700 miles. range.

Excellent Value

David N, 11/19/2021
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Test drive it before you buy! It's our first Hybrid, but due to an accident, limited replacement vehicle inventory and having previously owned two CRV's (2010 & 2017) we purchased sight unseen. Overall very impressed with the SUV, but it's does make some unusual noises which gets some time to get used to. One kids says it sounds like a spaceship and can hear it a block away. Excellent tech, upgraded interior layout/function and quality standard safety features. Vehicle setup and manual can be a bit daunting if you have never had a Honda before, but once you play around with the features and setup you'll be happy. The SUV feels solid and substantial with an excellent build quality (Assembled in Ohio with 50% US sourced parts). Some exterior plastic trim seems flimsy, but that is common at this price level. Hopefully fuel savings will justify the added cost and battery performance is long lasting.

The Touring has it all

Dana, 01/17/2022
Touring 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great luxury features (love the seat warmers and steering wheel warmer, auto headlights and auto windshield wipers). Having a hybrid is super. But the real world mileage does not meet the manufacturer’s claims, and EV mode is not very useful in practice. Nonetheless, my CR-V hybrid does a lot better mileage wise than my last SUV. And I’ve read car site expert reviews knocking the dash display, but I think it’s fine and don’t have any of the problems the experts cited. I definitely recommend this car.

4 out of 5 stars

Adulthood with all the bells and whistles

SB_Charlie, 05/06/2022
EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It was time; I'm approaching middle age, have a big dog and parent who uses a walker. My beloved 2 door VW GTI with manual trans wasn't cutting it anymore. I also needed to get a little better fuel economy. I was hoping to get an Electric vehicle but with high costs and limited availability it wasn't in the cards yet. The CR-V Hybrid ticks a lot of boxes. It doesn't do anything exceptionally well, but it's pretty OK at a whole lot of things in one cost effective package. I like the comfortable leather seats (although the seat depth is a bit short for my long thighs), the interior ergonomics are great, and the in-car electronics are fairly intuitive to use. The adaptive cruise control, and lane following assistance are a nice feature for long freeway trips. The blindspot detection is a very welcome enhancement when backing out of my driveway on a very busy street. Also my dog loves the power tailgate, and I love the regenerative braking control paddles. Some of the cons: This is not quite the solid Honda build quality that I'm used to from 40 something years of being in a Honda/Acura family, but it's not bad. Everybody and their mother has a CR-V so finding yours in a big parking lot can be an issue. Some people complain about the fuel economy and I agree that it would be nice if the 40/38/35mpg EPA fuel economy ratings were achievable anywhere besides flat land at less that 55mph. I live in a hilly coastal area of California and I'm getting about 35.5mpg in mostly city driving with hills, and I got about 31mpg driving to Las Vegas. I think that's reasonable for a roomy mechanical 4wheel drive SUV that comfortably carries 5 people and two weeks worth of groceries on 87 gasoline. I can't really think of another vehicle with all those capabilities that gets better fuel economy on gas.