Redesigned just a year ago, the 2017 Honda Civic has re-established its standing as a no-brainer choice for a small car. Think of it this way: Are you interested in impressive fuel economy and/or class-leading acceleration? Yep, the Civic's got that. What about a comfortable, roomy interior filled with upscale materials? Check. Do you want something livelier than the typical sedan? Well, Honda's got coupe and new hatchback body styles on offer for 2017, plus performance-focused Civic Si and Type R versions are on the way, too.
An excellent all-arounder, the newest Civic drives well no matter which version you pick. Out on the highway, the Civic offers a composed ride quality that doesn't get overly floaty or harsh. Honda has also packed in plenty of the latest technology, from smartphone integration to advanced driver aids that can help you avoid accidents. No matter how you look at it, the 2017 Honda Civic is one of the best cars in its class.
- Excellent fuel economy and performance from turbo 1.5-liter engine
- Ride quality expertly balances comfort and athleticism
- Many available advanced technology and safety features
- Roomy cabin with high-quality materials
- Touchscreen interface is confusing and slow to respond to inputs
- Overly vigilant forward collision warning system is frustrating
- Slow-responding adaptive cruise control system