Used 2015 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Very disappointing for the brand
By Neil S

2015 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

To be fair, this car drives wonderfully on the highway. If that is your intended type of driving, this car is worth considering. That said, I drive mostly in town and am mostly disappointed with the performance (acceleration) and Bluetooth (hands free calling). The acceleration with the CVT is dismal, especially from a standstill. It is so slow that I would consider it dangerous. The hands free functionality leaves much to be desired as well. The microphones are located on the console near the air vents; if the A/C is running (and you have a low pitched voice), you are almost entirely inaudible to the person you are calling. Sadly, these issues are deal breakers for me. I had higher expectations of Honda.

Great budget car
By StanDMan

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

It is a rather sport car that greatly mixes price of ownership and fun to drive. It is rare that after owning a car for three years that you can still like it. It promised and delivered the fuel economy on the sticker mostly getting above 30 mpg. I would recommend this car for anyone who is on a budget but wants a fun car to drive. It checks all those boxes.

great
By dan

2015 Honda Civic EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

this is one great over all car

Great College Car
By Chevden

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The compact car market has a multitude of options which made it somewhat difficult for me to find the appropriate vehicle; however, the Honda Civic was the best in terms of value, comfort, fuel economy, and reliability. Honda’s are not very common in my area and I was lucky to find a 2015 Honda Civic LX in white with a beige interior — exactly what I was looking for. The LX has plenty of standard features such as a backup camera and Bluetooth. The EX would have been nice, but the added features and technology could cause problem down the road; not to mention the extra price premium. I have been averaging 33-36 MPG with around 70 percent city and 30 percent highway driving. The road and wind noises are definitely noticeable and can be a tad loud on uneven or rough pavement; the sound system is speed sensitive, however, which helps drown out the unwanted noise. The interior design is outstanding. I love the huge dash with clear, easy-to-read gages and read-outs. Visibility is amazing with clear sight lines and a low cowl. The backup camera is impressively clear which aids when backing up. Front seat comfort is average for a 5’9’’ male and I have plenty of room. The vehicle does not exceed any standards; however, it does do everything right.

Striking the perfect balance of power and price.
By Kyle

2015 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Nearly a year ago, I decided to look around at a more fuel efficient option to the F150 I was driving. I had my heart set on a WRX, at least it was until I took a test drive of this Si. I admittedly didn't have the highest of expectations for it going in with what I had set my bar to, but I was completely blown away in every regard in the first five minutes of driving it. I've read a lot of reviews that the naturally aspirated 2.4L engine was lower on power than its direct competitors, but I'm never left wanting when I put my foot down (the lack of a turbo means no turbo lag!). The light weight of the body, and the short throw shifter makes the 205 BHP feel like more than it is. The engine and exhaust give the car a subtle, deep sound without being excessive or annoying to those in the car or around you, an excellent soundtrack for a windows open, evening cruise. The interior is surprisingly roomy for a compact sedan, the fit and finish is spot on as one has come to expect from Honda, the red/black two toned interior with the Si logo stitched in the seats, and the red gauges are a nice touch. If I had to make a complaint (and trust I'm having to reach for it on these), the front seats aren't the most comfortable for people with broader shoulders like myself, the audio could use a bit deeper of a sound, and the volume control on the touch display is a bit of a pain (easily remedied by using the steering wheel controls though). I'm generally very picky about the cars I drive, as a result, I've swapped cars more often than I care to admit, but I genuinely feel like I've found the perfect vehicle with this Si. You immediately get the feeling that the Civic Si is a love letter from Honda to people who enjoy driving. A vehicle developed by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts, still equipped with the modern safety features that DoT requires, without sacrificing the driver experience. Each gear change has that satisfying mechanical click to it, every turn of the wheel feels tight and responsive, and plenty of power when you need it. As long as I keep my foot out of it, I still even manage to get mid 30s on fuel economy. Before this car, I already respected Honda for their reliability and efficiency, but this car has given me a new love for the brand.