Used 2013 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Not perfect, but hoping for reliability
By phillyted

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this Honda for one reason and one reason only:
reliability.
So In one year I have manged to clock 28,000 miles and have done nothing to the car outside of normal maintenance, which is great.
I have been able to achieve 50 mpg with careful, skilled driving on a one off, fluke of a drive.
I can routinely obtain 42 mpg with respectable driving and 33-35 mpg with a heavy foot.
The brakes are not the best as I have locked them up a few times without noticing the ABS pulse from the pedal.
Also, there is a blind spot from the roof pillar between the windshield and left door that is very annoying on mountain roads.

Altogether, a good car and I'm happy I bought it.

Fuel mileage, interior comfort, interior space.

Blind spot during slight left turns caused by roof pillar between windshield and left door. It's really noticeable on windy mountain roads; whole cars can disappear in this blind spot.

my 2nd civic coupe ex
By thwipp89

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

i had a '03 civic ex with 131k miles and for 10 yrs, it was nearly perfect. in its 11th year it was showing its age just a little. i think i got spoiled at not having to put money into it, outside of regular maintenance.

anyway, i figured almost 11 yrs was a pretty good run and honda had 0.9% for *60* months, which is rare for honda. also, the 2013 got really good reviews as a bounce back from a semi-disappointing 2012 model.

the comfort of the seats (tho i've read some complaints) and the road noise is MUCH improved from my '03 model, aswell, imo. the technology made a big jump, too. the back up camera is nice. i hope the reliability continues. my former civic was the best car i've owned, BY FAR.

after 3 yrs, i'm still very happy with my purchase. my one complaint is the MPG isn't always as good as i'd hoped when doing city driving (even with the econ button on). i have a pretty heavy foot, however. on longer, highway trips (using cruise), the MPG has been very good. i also wish it had a push button start but the new ones have them now. the original tires only lasted about 25k miles. that was disappointing, aswell, but it seems like this is always the case with new cars.

Another hit for Honda
By fronteeer

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I rack up a lot of mileage and I have kids to shuttle around so I need a car to be 100% reliable and inexpensive to run. I also think dealer service is a waste of money and the only service I perform on my cars is an oil change and tire rotation at whichever quick-lube joint I happen to be driving by when the maintenance minder goes on. I could drive a Toyota, but talk about bland. Civics are the perfect blend of sporty and economical, have great driving manners, good build quality and are more than powerful enough to appeal to most drivers. The 2013 is no exception, not to mention it's so classy and well equipped you really wonder how long people are going to waste money buying luxury cars.

Butter smooth manual transmission, intuitive steering wheel controls, Bluetooth streaming and hands free speakerphone, auto-off lights inside and out to save the battery, interior design very upscale, trunk release on key fob, backup camera, sunroof, heated sets, nice alloy wheels, motor is more responsive than 2011 model I traded in, fuel economy consistently fantastic no matter how you drive.

The seat fabric looks cheap, even though it gets the job done very well; climate control system too complicated and always seems to be either too hot or too cold; change tray and covered cup holders should have been kept from 2006-2011 model, because they functioned perfectly and were aesthetically pleasing. That's it.

Beautiful but disappointing
By ter12

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The car is beautiful. Do not get 40 MPG hwy as was told by dealer. Does not handle well in snow. Good fast heater. Visors are lower quality than my 2008 same model. Also center armrest in back seat is narrower. Car hesitates when turned on. Also hesitates when accelerated from a dead stop. My 2008 just went. This car drags. 2008 more peppy and more fun to drive. Same model

Bluetooth, Backup camera. Color, love the color

Fix the MPG problem, and the hesitation on start up. If can't be fixed, I won't keep car long. I like the peppy ride of my 2008. When I was told that the car would get up to 40 MPG when echo , that sold the car to me. But it doesn't. I get 26 -27 on hwy.

Good value horrible ride
By jac2007

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great car, love the test drive. I now regret the purchase.
I have NEVER experience such an uncomfortable ride.
It hurts to drive the care,
Im now debating to lose $2K and trade the car in for something else.
I was a true Honda fan, I have owned Honda vehicles for over 20 years. I'm very disappointed "Honda you should be ashamed".

dashboard