Used 2012 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Awesome
By Anthony

2012 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 2012 Honda Civic EX sedan all black. And to be honest it's the greatest car I have owned yet. Comfort is amazing, sport look to it, and I get great gas mililage to. Since I bought I had to put in a battery only because the owner before me had a smaller one in it. I'm planning on the staying with the civic. Plus it lowered my car insurance to. I like the whole set up of the car and technology of it.

Floridian Cajun Si-er
By Dave

2012 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Great car for the money!! Lots of power from the K24 engine, even though a turbo would be really sweet. A bit too much cost cutting for 2012; interior plastics cheap, but better than a 80-90's Big 3 car; sway bars thinner than previous generation and the 2013-2015. A "sport minded" car should have full instrumentation, not idiot lights!! And the tach doesn't need to be so big. Radio is great, iMid is great, big speedometer at eye level great. Needs a rear window wiper. Economy great! One trip from TN to FL at 80 mph got 36mpg! Not as good as a an EX or LX, but way better than my old Camaro.

Would definitely buy another, can't wait to try out the 2017 Si.

Even Honda knows they screwed up
By MLark

2012 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

What more evidence do you need that the 2012 Civic was a half-baked effort than Honda refreshing the car every year following 2012? Their only performance-driven model during this MY neutered the fun of the previous generation, put in the boring engine from the CR-V, and eliminated the light and nimble experience in favor of unconfident bodyroll and numb steering. The exterior is odd AND impractical. By extending the windshield angle and adding small quarter-panel glass to the side windows, the front pillar creates a front blind spot during turning of any kind. The car feels heavier than it should. Thanks Honda for destroying the resale value of the 2012s by immediately updating the interior/exterior the very next year.

Worst of all these cars come with a faulty clutch plate with defective springs that loosen and make a horrible grinding noise at 30K mi. I was lucky enough to get it changed under warranty, but many owners weren't so lucky.

Don't bother with this model, especially the 2012 version.

Midlife speedster
By Bob

2012 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Test drive it get into the drive and see this handle it's fun it's great on gas only when your being good... Very hard to do. I bought this car for me and wife nobody sits in back.. Lol no tickets

What has Happened!
By Jeremy Gaertner

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven a Honda since I was 16, but thanks to Honda's following other auto makers to increase profits and forget about why we buy their products, which was that they used to run forever. My Honda needed new wheel bearings at 50000 miles, road noise is terrible, volume/tuner control knob stopped working by 75000 miles and customer service at my dealership is terrible, I feel like I owe the receptionist at the service department an apology for bringing my car in for repairs and interrupting their day.