Used 2012 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Superb gas mileage champ
By Wcjeep

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Initially bought the Civic for my long commutes. Stop and go on the freeway I averaged 35mpg. Now the wife's lead foot averages 25mpg city only driving. The front seats are not designed for long road trips. Any trip under two hours is fine. Did not purchase navigation. We have smartphones. My one tech gripe is the 1-2 second audio delay while streaming Bluetooth. The factory tires were not designed for use in the rain. Probably should have bought leather interior. My work clothes get dirty. I did buy airbag compatible washable seat covers. Factory sound system makes noise. It's not Bose or Mark Levinson. This is reliable transportation that requires little effort to drive and starts every time.

Awesome
By Anthony

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 2012 Honda Civic EX sedan all black. And to be honest it's the greatest car I have owned yet. Comfort is amazing, sport look to it, and I get great gas mililage to. Since I bought I had to put in a battery only because the owner before me had a smaller one in it. I'm planning on the staying with the civic. Plus it lowered my car insurance to. I like the whole set up of the car and technology of it.

What has Happened!
By Jeremy Gaertner

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven a Honda since I was 16, but thanks to Honda's following other auto makers to increase profits and forget about why we buy their products, which was that they used to run forever. My Honda needed new wheel bearings at 50000 miles, road noise is terrible, volume/tuner control knob stopped working by 75000 miles and customer service at my dealership is terrible, I feel like I owe the receptionist at the service department an apology for bringing my car in for repairs and interrupting their day.

2012 Honda Civic
By JoJo91

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great, solid vehicle. I had this car for closing in on two years and it never gave me an issue. I purchased it with 7700 miles and put nearly 33,000 miles on with not a single major problem. The biggest issue I had was having to change a fuse. Great car, took me and my sibling from New Mexico to Nevada with not a single hesitation. Drove it 70 MPH is pouring rain and there wasn't a single near accident scare. I loved the heck out of this car and I miss it every day. Never gave me a problem, gave me great gas mileage, and still got many compliments over our year and eight months together. This car was my baby and I think I will always miss it. He got totaled in an accident and I was (and still am) devastated. Airbags deployed perfectly- no question. Great car. I would highly recommend.

Reliable, Solid Transportation.
By richssss

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I really just wanted something that got great gas mileage and was a car that will last me for years. I HATE car shopping!

My reason for selecting a Honda was my last car was a CR-V that had 324,000 when I traded it in.

My favorite feature is at the gas pump! Lots of city driving, especially in cold weather, 28 MPG. Highway driving in warmer weather, 41MPG.

The one thing that annoys me is I'm 5'8", and cannot see the front end of the car from the driver's seat. I have the seat raised, but cannot even see the hood, so parking in a tight spot is a leap of faith. And being a small car, the ride leaves something to be desired.