Used 2012 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Update
By shannonb36

2012 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have had my 2012 Civic coupe for 7 months and have loved every minute of it. Have put 12,000 miles on it so far. It gets me everywhere I've asked it to go so far. I do agree with others about the blind spots, but have learned to be aware of them when changing lanes. I also agree about the acceleration. It takes a little while to get up to highway speed, but once it does it cruises very comfortably and sometimes when I look down the speed on the speedometer surprises me and I slow down quick! Still impressed with all of the features offered in an economy priced car. Very happy, very good purchase.

Fuel efficiency - 33 mpg city/highway so far, traction control, controls on steering wheel, power windows, power mirrors, remote keyless entry. Feels like alot of luxury for a 'cheap' car

The floor mats were crappy and had to be replaced very quickly. Sturdier or rubberized would be appreciated. There's really no improvement for this, but with the coupe doors being alot longer, I've had to learn to be careful about spacing between my vehicle and others when I park.

Love 2nd time around
By tikadawn

2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently owned a 2006 civic coupe and crashed at no fault of my own, it was totaled, so when I got the insurance check I immediatly told my boyfriend I want another civic. He tried to get me to look at other types of cars, but I had to have my civic and I just love my 2012 automatic w/ navigation.
I feel safe and comfortable with the size of the car. I dont feel the road noise as people talk about or the vibrations. My car has a smooth ride and its a step up from the 2006, but to be honest, I liked the look of my 2006, it was more sporty, but thats not neither her or there, its a great car. I get double takes on the 2012 car all the time. I know I made the right decision.

Bluetooth, playing MY music. navigation system to get me to my destination. I love how the car talks to you when you need to fasten seat belt, shut door etc. I love the options of placing your own wallpaper.

Sun block on the navigation when sun roof is open. If sun roof open you can see the screen to verify street info or even trying to place a call on bluetooth, you can read the peoples names your trying to call. I have to close the sunroof and gaurd to place a call or just to see screen.

Very impressed, and happy with my 2012 Civic !
By merickson88

2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am impressed with the new 2012 Civic...still under two years old I have already put on over 50,000 miles with 0 problems..smartest buy I've made yet and it's my second Honda and will never buy anything else ! I avg 32 city and 33 to 39 on the highway depending on how I drive.
Excellent gas mileage and comfortable car. Love the navigation, stereo and sound, leather interior which is nice and durable ! I just love my Honda and can't wait to drive it, it's a remarkable car ! I plan on trying to get as many miles out of it as I can !

If you think this car is noisy...
By shannonb36

2012 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just traded in a 2009 Accent for a 2012 new, left over Civic.
have put on 150 miles in 2 days and planning a road trip to test its mettle. Very impressed so far. Started with a 2012 Accent which was totaled. Went with the 09 on the assurance that it would give me 300,000 miles. What it gave me was 2K worth of repairs in one year. I haven't driven other cars in the Civic's class, but it handles and rides like a dream. Seating is very comfortable, back seat even in the coupe model is spacious. Engine is a quiet hum. Hoping that this will be my 300K mile vehicle.

Running lights, wide tires, responsive steering, steering wheel controls, quite engine, fuel economy and anticipated performance in poor weather due to traction control.

None yet.

Forget Consumer Reports
By subarubiker

2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The fact that Honda only made slight changes to the Coupe for 2013 shows the 2012 was a great car. I have a Dyno Blue Coupe EX with the 5-speed manual, absolutely stunning and sporty looking. This is my first manual car and I love it; it has a smooth-shifting stick and a very easy to modulate clutch that's a breeze in traffic.

It gets great mileage on regular gas, getting 28mpg combined in winter temperatures with snow tires. The ride is a bit loud, but it handles very well and is a big upgrade over the past Civics with the handy i-Mid and the great 7-speaker sound system. Seats are very comfy!

The only thing that lacks in the Civic is winter handling- winter tires transformed my Civic.

Power and MPG balance, zippiness, manual transmission ease of use, surprisingly large trunk, comfortable seats, sound system

Interior plastics, OEM tires, winter handling