Used 2012 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

So Far, So Good
By Oliver Brooks

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We have been very happy with this car so far in almost all regards. The older entertainment system is a little finicky with my iPhone, but all in all, that's a pretty small complaint. We have put a lot of miles on it since we got it and it's been outstanding. So happy we got it.

Awsome car
By Janella Astorga

2012 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I loved it! i bought the car when i was 18 which was 4 years ago. i had no problems with it whatsoever!! my only complaint was the space, front seat and backseat were too small but then again i am 5'8 and I've had a kid since then. Was great on gas and i live about 30 minutes away from town i would fill up about once a week if not less. i absolutely never had a problem. i loved it. I no longer have it because it was totaled in an accident.

Car for the People
By Mary

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am in my 60s and I cannot see the front end of my 2012 Civic. I will be taking it back. Honda is making cars for the dumbing down public. If you cannot see the front when driving, then you and everyone else is at risk.

Not
By Travis

2012 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This car kills batteries like crazy & the dealership can't figure out what the problem is. They will just keep replacing the battery until the 3yr warranty is over & then it's on you. Make sure to have a jump box charged & ready with you to start this car monthly. If you let it sit more that 2-3 days the battery wont start it. The clutch makes a howling or grinding noise when accelerating from a stop in 1st gear. (started at about 20,000k mi) We were able to make this sound happen with a Honda Tech in the vehicle & they still are unwilling to fix the issue without saying we'll have to pay the tab. The rubber rotted out around the windows in 2 years & we had to fight with them to get it replaced. They said it was from being out in the sun too much in Arizona! In two years please! Then don't sell your crap cars in AZ. We bought this car brand new from Honda 4 years ago it has 40k on it now. Never buying Honda again its our first & last.

Very Impressed with this car
By Honda_dad

2012 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The only problem we had with this car was going through three batteries from the dealership within the first six months. What we found is the batteries Honda puts in these vehicles are apparently the least they can get by with. After replacing the third one and taking it to an auto parts store to have the alternator checked (which was checked and found to be ok) I bought an Optima Yellow Top battery for it and after three and half years we have had zero battery issues. I've read reviews on having trouble with the battery in these cars and those people were obviously having the same issues we were. Cheap batteries from the manufacturer. Other than that, we have had zero issues with this car. It belongs to my oldest daughter and it now has 110,000 miles and still runs and rides like the day she bought it. Very much what I expected from Honda. My middle daughter just bought a used 2013 coupe yesterday. We'll see how well it lasts.