Used 2012 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Perfect commuter car
By gerganank

2012 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

PROS: Nice and sleek look, feeling of a full control of the car. It's nice to take sharper turns. Inside plenty of room not only or the front seats but for the back 3 passengers. Great gas mileage - makes up to 40 mpg even in congested traffic conditions. I have had it for 2 months already and very happy with the purchase. CONS: Compared to my prior car 2006 Elantra it is a little more bumpier and you can really feel every hole on the road and bumps on parking lots have to be taken at under 4mph.

I love the space and being able to control most things from the wheel. Everything else is so close that you do not have to bend and try to reach buttons. Very convenient design.

A little more storage space would be great, like little additional box in the front and back ( see Hyundai - they are great at this) It will be great if there are built in cupholders for the back seats or enough room at the door to put a bottle in it. It is mostly convenience things than anything else.

Great car
By cliano

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

As soon as I test drove this car I knew this was the one I wanted.
Honda has a great reputation for being reliable and great quality.
It had every feature i was looking for.
Handles great and could not beat it for the price.
GREAT VALUE.

Comfort. Heated Seats, Leather interior. Moon Roof. Great gas mileage. 40mpg. Blue Tooth and great display.

n/a

great car so far for first 5 weeks
By yarruhs

2012 Honda Civic Natural Gas 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I thoroughly enjoy this car.
The fuel economy is far better than i expected. I have gotten as high as 40 mpg , and with each gallon of natural gas costing $2.05 , this has translated into an mpg equivalent of gasoline of 80 mpg ((when gas is at $4.00 for unleaded gas).
I am waiting for the diamond lane sticker which will save me at least 10 minutes each way to and from work.
One thing to note is in California there are many natural gas stations. The lowest price stations are the actual gas companies at 2.05 per gallon.
Others will charge as high as $2.99 which is 33% more

Favorite feature is the gas savings and the fact that I am burning American gas and not some foreign imported gas. It is a green car so emmissions are very low. I never have to smell gasoline again. This car is a Honda but it was made in Indiana so it is an American car. The blue tooth phone is perfect. The cars has so many air bags that I feel comfortable knowing I am surrounded by them. It has good acceleration. Good view of the road ahead. Good handling. I have never owned a Honda before and so far I am happy with the results.

The front bumper is very low sometimes it makes me a bit uneasy when perpendicular parking and hitting the parking curve. The visibility is great but you don't see where the front of the car ends, from the drivers view. I know I will get used to this. The visibility in the right rear needs improvement as it has a little blind spot, at it feels like a hatchback. I also own a Landcruiser and I am spoiled by its panoramic views. The space for storage in the rear is very limited , but I knew that going in. So far I haven't needed the space. The natural gas tank uses a good portion of it. These are minor things that are far outweighed by the positives of the car.

A step up from the last gen Si
By flamike772

2012 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I totaled my 2009 Civic Si Sedan, I was T-Boned by a full-size SUV doing 40+ MPH, the Civic Si held up superbly, so I knew I wanted another one.

So now I have had my 2012 Civic Si Sedan for a bit and can comment on it over the 09. It's a big step up, not only in looks, but in power, the torque is very noticeable and the ride is smoother. Not as sporty as the 09 but grippier than a regular civic, my Wife enjoys the ride more and its more comfortable on the road.

The upholstery... the '09 has softer plush-ier fabric, but I actually prefer the new fabric due to pet hair and it seems easier to clean as well. I miss the higher redline of the 09, but the '12 feels less of a "chore" to drive.

Favorite things would be the Torque, the iMID display is great and the Bluetooth is long over-due! I love that I can get in my car and my iPhone will just play while in my pocket, bag or trunk! I also no longer need to install an expensive XM unit when I can now stream the app and not have to deal with signal issues from rain. The handsfree kit is also nice and everyone I talk to says its very loud and clear. One last thing, thank you Honda for moving the Parking Break, the old design was killing me...

Go back to the sliding armrest form the older Si, the new one stinks and seems like you have 1/2 the space now. Also I'd like to see more technology options on the Si, Backup Cam and Warnings, Auto Wipers, Digital Rearview with Compass and Garage Opener, things like this, but overall the current tech is a nice improvement over the last mode.

Brandon Honda -- great dealership - Civic sedan great car
By valcarter

2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased a 2012 Honda Civic Sedan and we are very happy with it.
The folks at Brandon Honda in Brandon, Florida were great.
Our salesman was Tony M.....he was a jewel.
Totally wonderful experience.
If you are in the area and want a great buying experience, call Tony at Brandon Honda

Dash that tells you if you are driving fuel efficiently. Green means you are, blue means not optimal. Getting average of 35 in city/hwy mixed driving....very happy with that.

None at all.