Used 2010 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

fun economical car
By adansereau

2010 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

this is my wifes car , i drive a crv. it is a sporty coupe with good handling , not as good as an si i had and not as much power, but it zips along pretty good and returns about 30 mpg around town. prior civic have given us over 40 mpg on the highway.
got a black one and put a nice oval exhaust tip and some aftermarket letters ( ex ) just to make it personal. looks great, looks like a sports car and yet it is econmoical.
it is well made, the engine is sewing machine smooth and as with all civics reliable.
i do steal it from my wife to go out and have fun driving thru some country roads.

looks gas mpg fun to drive

. it fits us so not anything outstanding to change

Uncomfortable
By Joe

2010 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this instead of the Fit and have regretted it since. (Not sure I'd like the Fit though). The headrests are the main issue and why I didn't notice at the time I went around the block, I'll never know. They push my head forward. I have adjusted the seat and headrest to be bearable. Even my mother had trouble riding in the car with me and had to lean forward in an uncomfortable manner. I'll never buy a car with a headrest like this again. Otherwise, the car is mediocre. No trip computer for an EX trim line, go figure.

Digital Speedometer.

Fix the headrest!

Do not buy!
By itz

2010 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Do not buy this car. Honda does not stand behind their products. The car will not get the mileage that is quoted at all. Previous years' models have an error with the controller arms that destroys the tires. You are better off buying a prius.

Nice Ride
By pdponyx

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the car with 25 miles on it, I now have 400. Recently I noticed that the engine is starting to get noisy. It was silent in the beginning. When I decelerate I can feel the down shifting. Accelerating is not a problem. I've just used one tank of gas so far, so I'm still seeing what the MPG are like. I like the design, but I cannot see the front so I'm still figuring out how far I have before I hit something.

I like the backlit displays, the controls are nice and ergonomic. The pick up is great, and it's fun to drive.

Cup holders in the back seat, that was a big pet peeve. The seats are a little uncomfortable, but I lean towards the right when I drive so I don't feel it as much. Lights on the visor mirrors would be great. Better speakers, my mom's '00 CE Corolla sounds better.

Great little car
By alexx

2010 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Not the newest design out there, but still one of the best in terms of fuel economy (average 34) and front seat comfort.

Style, fuel economy, comfort