Used 2010 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Car - However tall drivers beware
By Mac

2010 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the 2010 LX-S as a replacement for my 2002 LX.I commute 90 miles a day-my 02 was great,not the fanciest car on the road,but went 175K comfortable miles with no issues.With this history I blindly bought the 2010 expecting at least the same as my 02. I went for the obligatory test drive, but it was more a formality-I was buying a new Civic.Don't get me wrong,the 2010 is a great car.It looks great (silver w/alloys) and the MPG is 30-34. My only caution to a potential buyer is the driver cabin is tight. I'm 6 2" and the placement of the e- brake causes my leg to go numb.The front leg room is very tight for a big & tall driver. Please keep this in mind on your test drive-I missed it.

The 2010 Civic is a great looking car - the LX-S package completes the deal - it's worth the extra $500. MPG has always been good. During my commute I drive 70-80 MPH (that's keeping with traffic) and the car still returns 30- 34 MPG. Stereo is good, however speakers are a little weak.

Add more legroom. The car is solid all around, however the front legroom and placement of the e-brake are poor for bigger drivers.I'm not sure what changed from 02 to 2010. It's a shame, the older Civic was a great all around commuter car.

First Honda for us
By LakeMichi

2010 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Love the speed hub, sun roof, mileage. Zippy little car for a 1.8. Kind of hard to see when on curves due to blind spots of front window frames. Firm ride, but a bit of road noise inside. Not luxurious, but serviceable. Next time I think we'll get the CR-V to contend with winter driving conditions. We have yet to drive this in snow, but I feel better sitting up higher in a CR-V and having 4-wheel drive.

Speed hub, sun roof, mileage.

Less interior road noise. More space for driver's legs on side. More clearance under car carriage.

Excessive road noise and rattles!
By Icky

2010 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Very disappointed, road noise over even slight imperfections on roads is very loud and distracting. If you were to drive over a penny on the road you would hear it ! @10,000 KM various rattles have developed, in glove box, sun visor, seat belt mechanism. I used to like going for drives, but not anymore since buying this car. My 1999 Civic I traded in put this car to complete shame when it comes to refinement. I will likely never by a Honda product again. Honda quality appears to be a thing of the past. How anyone can recommend a car with this level of road noise and rattles is beyond me. This could have been a great car, if Honda engineers paid some attention to detail. Buyer beware !

2 tier dash layout, USB Port.

Refine suspension to reduce road noise, redesign interior with rattle elimination in mind. Get back to the level of refinement of previous generation Civics.

I Love My Honda Civic
By Marilyn Burtis

2010 Honda Civic Sedan DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just purchased my Honda Civic and love it. I give it an excellent all the way around. I feel like the car is built for dependability and find it a joy to drive. I have no negative comments about the car. All I keep saying is I Love Driving My Honda and I am glad I made the decision to purchase it. I would recommend a Honda Civic (or any other model Honda) to anyone looking to purchase a new vehicle.

Style, performance, comfort, leg room, music system, overall design and gas mileage (fantastic!).

None.

Very happy!
By New Honda

2010 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've been driving my civic for 7 months now. I love it! The engine has a lot of pickup and speed. I deal with heavy stop/go traffic on my daily commute and I am impressed with how responsive the brakes are. Gas mileage-excellent! I drive about 150 mi a week and fill up about every other week or so. As others have said, in the driver's seat, the hood slopes so you cannot see it..Even still, I've never had an issue parallel parking after the first few weeks of driving it. Only issue I've had is cold starts. The engine hesitates and will take a couple of tries...However, I learned starting the engine in position 2 seems to do the trick so no further issues. I'm very happy with my purchase!

Excellent gas mileage, USB attachment for my ipod, steering wheel radio controls, excellent braking system, sleek exterior, power sunroof

Seats are a little uncomfortable in long trips, fix engine hesitation on cold start