Used 2010 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I wish I could get rid of my Honda
By maryam

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2010 Honda Civic. It already had 6K miles. I should have known the original owner dumped it for some reason. Unless the road is just built yesterday, you can feel and hear the road roaring and the whole car is so light that it jumps over the smallest of lines on the road. I am extremely unhappy that I have put in so much money on this. Bought it for 16 grand. I wish I could get rid of it. Already I have changed a shock, which was under warranty and its brakes are going away. I cannot believe it . It has 18,000 miles only. I will be always discouraging people from buying this.

Exactly what I expected
By broncosftw

2010 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have racked up 20k miles in my 2010 Honda Civic in about one year.
Still have plenty of tread on the stock tires and brakes.
So far, no issues.
I average 32mpg mixed driving (50/50) during the summer, and 29mpg in the winter.
There are some squeaks while driving over rough roads, but nothing that the 360 watt stereo can't drown out.
I am very happy with this purchase, and would purchase this car if given a 2nd run.
My previous car was a 2002 Audi A6 2.7T.
Traded the A6 in at only 70k miles.
Though the Civic can't compete with the Audi in performance or luxuries, it wins with reliability.
My last Civic cranked out 180k miles, with $0 coming out of my pocket for non-accident repairs

The USB input is vital for my daily commute, since I am on the road 2 hours a day (lots of music on the 8gb flash drive). The stereo was shockingly robust. The bass is deep and solid, the highs are adequate. Gas mileage has been consistent and what I had expected. I have become a fan of the two-tiered instrument cluster. The car is overall, worry and stress free.

The interior plastics tend to scratch very easily. A matte finish might've been more appropriate, so that scratches would be less visible. Of course you lose the nice finish if you do that. The paint is on the thin side, lots of tiny paint dings from road debris on the hood. Maybe I should've bought a wind deflector. Of course, it is a entry level car, so I guess I can't expect an expensive paint job. Overall, the car fits my needs to a tea. 10/10 for satisfaction.

The interior - lack comfort
By allahakbar

2010 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

From interior it doesnt look like a 2010 car!! We regret to have chosen this car over Toyota!
It lacks interior comfort when
1. you dont see a cofee cup holder for any passenger sitting at back. What you expect to do with a water bottle or a coffe mug?? hold in your hand all the time? Just ridiculous. 2. Selling car in Saskatoon where cold temp falls to -40 you dont see a 2010 car (Honda) a temperature gauge! How cheap!! Even a Toyota Corola 1998 has a digital
temperature guage!! I say it is unbelievalbly cheap not to have temp guage in Honda (2010) selling in Canada!!
3. There are two cup holder in but you cant use cup holders if you slide the tray out!! Bad design.

Add items for internal comfort: Cup holders A temp gauge

Hinda Civic 2008-2010 Break pad WARNING
By carmichael1210

2010 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My car has 16,000 miles and I am having the break pads replaced.
Break pads should last atleast 30,000 miles.

What Honda is failing to tell their customers is that they are in a lawsuite about this exact problem. In other words, they are aware of the problem, and have been aware but are not disclosing this problem to buyers.

The break pads are not covered under warranty and honda is aware that their break pads have a 50% less lifespan than normal break pads.

This is a safety hazard. And costly problem that Honda will not cover.

2010 Honda Civic DX model has potential
By elmarco

2010 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 2010 Honda Civic DX model with manual 5 speed and DOHC engine is fun to drive. This is the cheaper version of the Civic Si. My previous car was a 2001 Ford Mustang, and this Civic gets much better gas mileage. In my opinion, the Civic coupe is stylish, but this car is far from perfect. I've had suspension problems with this car from day one. I've been to a couple of different Honda dealers in Dallas, and I got jacked around every time I went there. The clutch feels a little rough sometimes, an honest work-out helps. Honda OE shocks, struts, and springs are low quality; lots of squeaks and rattles This car has potential, but I am really disappointed with Honda customer service.

I enjoy the manual five speed transmission; it is fun to drive, but a little tricky sometimes. If you stay in 1st gear to long, the engine cuts down. I have a lot of confidence in a overhead cam engine; this model only has one. I like uni-body construction; it is the only way to go with a car this small. The car is real light and gets descent mpg's.

Honda OE shocks, struts, and springs are terrible in this model. They are noisy! I will eventually replace them with a better brand. If you ask me, the sound system is pretty cheap. This car does not have a trunk opener on the key ring. On a scale form 1-10, I would give the 2010 Honda Civic DM a seven, and maybe I am being too generous. On a scale from 1-10, I would give Honda customer service a 3. In my experiences, they didn't seem interested in diagnosing the problem and fixing it. The design of this car is simple, I don't understand Honda's customer service apathy.