Used 2009 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Not thrilled for the price
By b2b

2009 Honda Civic Sedan DX-VP 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Nice looking car, like the led tail lights and digital dash, but I'm 5'6 and smash my shin each and every time I enter this car. Poor design there, seats could be more comfortable, lots of rattles and squeaks and idles rough at red lights. I have the basic VP model, and although it features power windows, there are manual locks and mirrors! This was almost $19k at my dealer. I wish I had done more research on other cars before leasing this. It's really not worth the $$ at all.

Digital dash, large trunk, tail lights.

Some redesign needed on bottom of dash on driver's side. More comfortable seats would be nice. Power locks on VP model.

Worst Purchase Ever
By Ayse Ozkan

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Considering it is a brand new car, it is extremely noisy as if the windows are not completely closed. It has a very low clearance that makes you feel you are sitting on the floor and you hear and feel every grain of sand that hits the bottom of the car. The steering wheel is very small, especially for a petite person. When it is windy, I feel like I don't have a good control of the car because I cannot rest my left arm on the door as I was used to doing with my previous cars. It does not show the outside temperature. I think this feature should be mandatory for every car that is made. My husband convinced me to buy it and I regret it very much. That was my worst purchase ever.

None

Less noise, outside temperature display should be must, more comfortable seats, slightly bigger steering wheel.

Great car, but...
By Sygma

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2009 LX 4DR in October 2008 and have been very pleased with the car's performance and economical aspects. However, at 9,800 miles the front wheels began making squeaking sounds, rolling forward or back, whether or not the brakes were applied. When I took the car to the dealer, the service writer said the brakes were WORN OUT. Those squeaking noises are the brake sensors indicating a need for brake pad change. Now, I've owned many new cars in my life but I can't recall EVER having to change disc brake pads at 9,800 miles. Brakes are not covered under warranty, so I paid $269 for new brakes. Where is the low cost of ownership Honda claims? Honda Customer Service was no help.

Roominess, interior layout, styling, fuel economy, fun to drive.

Cup holders for back seat passengers on LX. More durable disc brake pad material, for all models. Remote trunk release for LX. Better speakers on LX.

Elegant feeling Civic
By MedVet

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle replaces a 2000 Honda Accord I owned. I have been very happy with my previous car and having driven 6,000 miles with this current vehicle, I am very happy I purchased it. Though, small, the Civic feels very roomy and spacious for its size. The gauge layout is interesting, but has become very beneficial for me. The voice activated navigation is a great feature and being able to connect my phone for the hands free link is perfect for me. I am happy I stayed with Honda.

Voice activated navigation system and hands free link.

Sometimes the voice recognition mistakes what you are trying to say; perhaps having it recognize certain words so it can repeat what you are attempting to say so you can confirm or deny the step before it acts upon what it thinks you are saying.

Honda LX Sedan
By bbk

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This a very nice car for the money. It has good features at this price point and more standard features than the Nissan Sentra I owned previously.

Steering wheel, foot rest, I like the instrument panel and the seats are comfortable.

It is too low to the ground and hits curbs and cement blocks when parking head first. There is a little too much (rattling) noise and that surprised me.