Used 2009 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2009 Honda EX-L
By Rob

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have been driving this car for 4 months now and still look forward to driving it each time I get in. It handles very well, very comfortable, and high quality construction.

High quality features including the leather seats. The moonroof is a great feature that I always have open. The accessories I added (Moonroof visor, trunk spoiler, mud flaps) make the car look really sharp and people always take a really good look at it as they go by.

Fuel mileage display, Feature to roll through ipod music folders with dial rather than pushing forward/back arrows.

Luv my Civic
By Russ

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After driving the Chevy Cobalt, Corolla and Aveo I tried this car and there is no comparison hands down, the Civic won me over. I have had no problems at all. Very little road noise. This car is sharp inside and out and excellent on gas. Very solid and stable performance. I'm looking for reasons to drive it. This is my first non GM car and now I see why GM is slipping. Only Honda for me from now on. The A/c will freeze you out!

The two tier instrument panel. The comfort of the seats and I'm over 6 foot tall. The location of controls. The radio is awesome. Excellent A/C. Solid ride. Fast steering response. The armrest. The cloth seats are nice.

Nothing I can find and I'm picky!

Excellent car for the money
By lchapp34

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I average about 30.5 mpg with a heavy foot in hwy and city driving. This car meets all my needs and I love my dealer added XM radio w/the display. This baby keeps up with the fast cars. A quiet ride and stylish- I like the fact that Honda re-added the silver strip to the back of the car like the old Civics had. I love Hondas and would re-purchase this one.

Getting better than ave. mpg-quiet ride plus sleek exterior-my favorite Honda I have had.

Even better mpg-add VSA, auto fog mirrors. Honda should add XM radio to all EX'S (Accord's and Civic's)and include at EX price level.

Civitastic!
By Kent

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have an 02 Odyssey EXL. Wanted a car with similar features and the EXL is very close. So much fun to drive the 02 sits now. Very quiet, tight fitting doors, NO complaints! Great gas mileage, last trip averaged 41MPG over 1200 miles. Very, very happy, it was an anniversary gift to each other!

Auto moonroof, heated leather seats, split dash all controls within easy reach. Great trunk liner, mud guards and slick fitting spoiler. Love the NO antenna look.

Power seats, auto off headlights, hard to improve something when it's already top of the compact line.

Honda 2009 3 month review
By BADGES

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The Honda Civic is a great car to drive. It handles well and it is fun to drive. The air conditioning on warm days takes a little while to get cool. Have not experienced the mileage that Honda claims the car gets. The Ipod connection is great. I am experiencing a noise that is coming from the passenger side dashboard that I cannot locate. Taking back to Honda to see what their service people tell me. Once this issue is corrected I would recommend this car to anyone.

Steering wheel, fun to drive. Ipod connection.

Remote seats in the front. More control of the Ipod features.