Used 2009 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

New Civic Believer
By Max

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my Expedition for this Civic as a means to get rid of my truck and to resell the Civic with no problem. At first I was just going to keep it until I found something else that I was interested in, but not anymore. I am more than pleased with the purchase of this car. Before it was just an in-between car, but now the more and more I drive it, I couldn't believe why it took me so long to realize this is the best car for your dollar overall. It's so fun to drive, styling is amazing, interior feels like you are in a cockpit of a jet and best of all it is so practical for almost any occasion. My suggestion to anyone thinking of buying one is too buy it and never look back!

I-Pod Aux connection, driver gauges, the trunk space, the look of it, low cost to own as far as gas mileage, routine maintenance, insurance, and resell valve if you were ever thinking of selling it.

A trunk release on the key would be nice. Also, I wish the 197HP engine was the base. Now that would give the little car a kick of power without having to own a SI-Manual. I live in a big city with lots of traffic and buying a manual car is at the bottom of my list.

Oh, YEAH!
By Dennis

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This was my first compact car, kind of felt like I was down grading, but WOW!, this car packs a whole lot of punch! I love this car! This is by far, the most fun to drive car I've driven. Great on gas mileage and it has all the bells and whistles you can ask for in a luxury car. I suggest if you're in the market for a compact car, DEFINITELY consider the Honda Civic!

Leather Heated Seats, USB Port for iPod, VSA, sunroof, dual split level dash, speedometer, remote trunk release.

Better lumbar support. The seats are a bit too stiff for my comfort and give me back pains after a long drive. But other than that, can't suggest anything more on a car that pretty much has it all!

Love my Civic
By patricia

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Love this car! Traded in my 2006 Honda Pilot EXL. Don't miss it a bit. I love the savings in gas too. My first tank of gas, I averaged 31 mpg. The pilot got 16 mpg. For a small car, it is not cramped and the trunk is very large. The car has great pick-up and I love being able to listen to my ipod. So far, I'm very happy with my new purchase.

Ipod hook-up, gas mileage, pick-up, styling, large trunk, fold down rear seat, cool blue instrument panel.

Very low to the ground - watch out when parking where there are curbs. Interior doors seem easy to nick up. Need trunk release on key fob.

Happy Owner
By happy

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I read so many reviews on this car. Some bad and some good. But, I would like to offer my assessment. Be real to yourself when deciding which car to buy. Mine are 1) fuel economy 2) resale value 3) reliability 4) style 5) fun to drive. Honda Civic beat out Mazda 3, Toyota Corolla-S, and Nissan Sentra. So far, I avg 35 mpg with mix hwy/city driving. I am not a heavy foot pedal, so power is good enough. It's really fun to drive. Overall, I know I had made a right choice. :=))

Suspension, very responsive handling. Fuel economy, stylish and fit and finish.

None so far.

Overrated
By David

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

It's Honda reliability and there is no disputing that. But in reality, the car is overrated. The car rides very rough and road noise is horrible. No vanity lights is an oversight on Honda's part. The car handles good but is lacking in some basic features like: vanity lights, power seats, in- dash 6 disc changer, and homelink. It has good power unless you're merging into traffic and need to get out there (you may be in trouble). When you compare the Civic, Corolla, & Mazda3, dollar for dollar and feature for feature I think Honda ends up in last place. I think they are relying too much on a legacy and have become too complacent. Would not have another one that's for sure.

Speed sensitive volume, USB plug-n- play, great safety features, the cup holders are nice.

Road noise is horrible, ride is very subpar, no vanity lights, could use more power, power seats & an in-dash changer would be nice considering the top competitors have those features.