Used 2009 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

The best subcompact out there
By Hapy driver

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Concerned about going from a V-6 to a 4 cylinder. Not anymore. A zippy little car with great stopping power. Urban Titanium color gets great remarks and some say the body style looks European. I like the double decker dashboard. Can't be accused of telling a police offer I didn't know how fast I was going.

Safety features, gas mileage, roominess, and look of the car.

Make fog lights, dual power seats, dual air as part of a package. Then I could not think of anything else to have on a car.

Look for reasons to drive
By Sabra

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We traded in a 2001 Caddy for my new Civic and find this car so much more fun to drive. Test drove Toyotas and Hyundais--Civic outshone them all. I've taken it on two trips and had plenty of trunk room for 3. Car handled well on highway beside big rigs as well as city driving. I wish it had better hwy noise insulation. Also wish the seats were not quite so hard and had lumbar support but because I like everything else, I can live with it. Got a great deal on the car in mid June which makes me like it even more! I plan to keep it until it dies. Three out of four sons have Hondas and all have high miles and are doing great. Sweet husband volunteered to drive the old family van.

Style, navy color, steering and handling, braking, great size to park, good mileage, navi and bluetooth. In hot NC summer days the Civic cools down quickly and gets cold once car is moving for very long.

Plastic dash and glove compartment scratches way too easy; AC won't get cold until car in motion and then gets warmer at stop lights but hasn't been a problem since it gets cold all the rest of the time; more comfortable seat; needs backup sensors. Bluetooth challenging to set up for outgoing calls.

What I Expected!
By dxxldiva

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Civic. My 1994 Civic was totaled last November. I decided to buy another one and I have no regrets. It's a very basic car that's reliable and stylish. The only downside is the lack of advertised fuel economy and it is a little noisier than my 1994 Civic.

Style.

Too many open compartments. I would like a covered compartment to keep spare change and things. Also, the emergency break is in an awkward place.

It's An Economy Car, People!
By KDK

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We have only owned Hondas for the past 12 years because we don't want the hassle, headache and maintenance woes associated with other vehicles. Honda has not disappointed. We recently purchased the new 2009 Civic LX-S to replace our 1997 Civic as a work/commuter car. In reading other reviews, I am surprised to see complaints like "no lighted vanity mirrors," "no keyless entry for the trunk," etc. Are we missing the boat here? This is excellent for what it is, an economy car. If you want a car for under $19,000 with reliability, great fuel economy, look no further. If you want heated seats with your keyless entry, buy something else and stop complaining.

The fit and finish - feels like you are sitting in the 2008 Accord! Leg room for front passenger and driver, roomy cockpit.

None yet.

Everything You Need for the Price
By dkurtz42

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I selected the LX-S based on the options that comes standard on it as opposed to the LX and even some options not on the EX (leather-wrapped steering wheel). I wanted a spoiler, alloy wheels, leather-wrapped steering wheel and Automatic Transmission in a 4 door. The LX-S was tailor made for me. I originally was looking at a Fit based on price, but the LX-S was quoted lower than the Fit. I couldn't believe it. Several hundred below Edmunds TMV. Car feels very solid. Not very powerful, but I'm looking for fuel economy and couldn't care less about power. Backseat is large enough for my 2 car seats. Trunk is adequate. Based on price + mpg + reliability I'm looking forward to racking up the miles.

The sporty, yet sophisticated body style with alloy wheels and spoiler. The interior material does collect lint, but looks and feels great. Leather-wrapped steering wheel. 2 stage dash is easy to love. Head room in the front seat more than enough for me at 6'1". Options are just right for my needs.

Placement of the e-brake is bothersome on longer drives. Factory stereo on the LX-S is weak. Based on the price point, there really is nothing else to improve upon. Any upgrades would just mean a higher price tag. I really feel this car is a GREAT value that drives and feels larger than compact.