Used 2009 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Small Glitch, Otherwise Great
By Ray

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in my 2004 Impala for the Civic LX-S, totally different styles, but, upon coming to the dealer I said: I have only 2 requests, it’s got to be silver and it’s got to be manual. And guess what? They had only one that came in that morning. Loved it unconditionally until it had 134 miles on the odometer, and shut off by itself in 5th gear at 50mph, kept on downshifting trying to get going again, got going again sputtering a little and with almost 300 miles being fine so far, I just need to trust it again, but, it is a blast to drive, no complaints on the goodyears, sticky enough, clutch pedal like butter, love the steering wheel, would just love some alloy rims, but, the price was right.

Dashboard design and lights. Body style and finish. Air controls and radio. Happy revving engine.

All weather floor mats on top of carpet and remote trunk lid release would be nice.

I LOVE It!!!
By Adrian

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car is great. It is my first car and I love it. It looks great and it is actually kinda strong for a 1.8 L engine. Its better than a lot of 2.0 L engines because it preforms better on gas but has as much power as a 2.0 L engine. Its fun to drive and the speedometer is soooooo unique. Everyone that rides in my car loves it. This car is perfect for anyone who doesn't want to spend so much money on gas and perfect for someone that wants a car that's worth your money, not to mention how long this car will last. I JUST LOVE IT.

The speedometer is SO NICE, the interior is black and stylish but u may need to keep a lint roller with u but that's ok with me. Rear lip deck spoiler looks amazing; it's also very responsive on the road! Its great on gas - helps the environment has an i-VTEC engine! :] It's a FAST car! :]

Speakers are a bit soft but its ok with me. Front bumper is really low to the ground. Be CAREFUL of low driveways the bottom bumper will get scratched but its ok cuz u can't see it.

I am a believer
By Danny T in OKC

2009 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 1st new car I have ever purchased and the 1st Honda I have ever owned. I have always respected the quality that Honda cars represent -- and now I understand why it is actually so deserved. Plus, it is just damn fun to drive. Feeling like I made one of the best choices I have ever made in my adult life purchasing my Honda Civic. I love it. (It's almost sick.)

The overall design & lines of the car, heated leather seats, incredible paint, blaster a/c, sheer comfort, lotsa great visibility all around, fuel efficiency, sound system.

Give us the option to turn off the 'chirp' when I turn on the alarm system. My neighbors would like that.

Clunker Trade for a Tall Person
By Bob

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX-S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We were lured into a new car thanks to the CARS programs. We looked at many small cars, and found stock shortages at most big three dealerships. I am 6'4 and this car has lots of headroom, but not quite as much leg room as desired. My right leg rests uncomfortably on the hand brake. But not enough of an issue to not go for it. Was more comfortable in the Fit, but the discounts on the civic were greater.

Gas mileage. Fun car. High quality for a "cheap" small car. Dealers willing to discount, get two dealers to bid against each other! Got below invoice.

Move the hand brake. Add a few more inches in legroom. Work on transmission lag when passing. (Annoying lag when aggressive pedal at 30+, seems like the transmission shifts down too slow.)

Civic
By Jo

2009 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is absolutely the best car. The car not only looks great, but it is very comfortable to ride and drive. It has so many nice features inside the vehicle. If you are still not sure if you want to buy a civic, think no more, go for it, you will not regret it.

Classy exterior, nice interior design and features, engine run very quite.