Used 2008 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 274 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Favorite Car
By civicacct

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my 2008 Honda Civic EX-L. I have had several cars - VW, Acura, Pontiac - and the Civic is the best car I have owned. It's fun to drive, it's plenty peppy and it's comfortable. The price is great for the quality of the vehicle.

I love that Honda decided to offer leather seats in the Civic, and they're heated too! The gas mileage is great, the instrument panel is very user-friendly and they accomplished a lot of interior space in this design.

No improvements are necessary.

Nothing to write home about
By Markl

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third civic and I don't think it stands up with the others. The clutch/accelerator syncro makes it unstable to pull out on hills and the car has not had even acceleration since the day I bought it. I keep hoping that maybe it will get better.

The look. durability of seat fabric, and interior design

gas mileage. clutch, warranty, and the cheap feel of the interior plastic

Best car owned so far
By my08hondacivic

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2008 Honda Civic brand new two years ago. I have owned two Toyota Corollas before and I pick the Civic over those two. I haven't had any trouble with it, so far. This Civic requires minimal maintenance and I save alot more with my Civic than I did with my previous cars. It is a small car but very spacious and comfortable for both driver and passengers. Mileage is ok considering I drive street for the most part. I have made minor changes to both interior and exterior but for looks only. I highly recommend this car.

Good Car
By SMART GUY

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2008 LX new in Aug 07. has 45,000 miles on it and all I've done is oil changes, 2 air filters, and 1 trans fluid change. Tires will probably need to be replaced at 50k for the first time. I've absolutely no problems with the car at all! Only knocks is the speakers rattle the door panels easily even when volume is fairly low and I can't believe this little car cost over 17k new. This car should be no more than 15k. Other than that minor issue I have nothing but praise for this car. My overall MPG for combined city/highway driving is 34 MPG. I do have the manual trans.

Low cost of ownership, reliability, resale value.

Stop rising the price! Can't believe people would spend 20k on an econo-box! Better fit and finish with interior panels so speakers won't rattle them

Solid, could be more comfortable and fun
By climber

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car is a good compromise. Seating is acceptable, braking and handling are sound, and the engine is peppy. Auto transmission uses more gas around town than manual, a bit disappointing (26 mpg average) but is great and smart-shifting on the highway (40+ mpg). Main complaint is the lack of toe room on the passenger side, front seat. Adult male feet do not fit, so you have to sit with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor. Toe room is lacking in rear seat. Road noise is annoying on some road surfaces, drowns out radio. Ride is OK, but bottoms against snubbers on sharp bumps such as when crossing bridges. Handling is good but somehow not sporty. Braking is excellent, a bit sensitive.

Auto transmission shifting on the highway, very smooth, well programmed. Easy revving engine. Braking. Driving position and seating for driver. Reliability.

Foot/toe room right front seat; transmission shifting around town (upshifts and locks the torque converter, then unlocks, feels like a hesitation. Poor mileage around town. Toe room rear. Road noise. Would buy an Accord next time.