Used 2008 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best Civic Ever!
By Chance

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Definitely, the best car I have ever owned. No complaints here-nothing but accolades! This model is much larger with a lot more style than the usual civic.

Primo sound system, great handling in curves, comfortable ride, good size trunk, sporty good looks

None at this time

Okay car, needs work to make fun to own
By ExcuseI!

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car used at a steal (fuel prices had come down and people had already migrated away from fuel efficient cars). Took it on a trip from VA to JAX and averaged 39.5mpg (!). However, the hills of CA and shorter commutes drop the mileage down to 20-25 mpg. For the (lack of) performance from the car I would expect better. My 2005 V6 Tacoma crew cab auto gets 17-20 mpg around town and has much better power. The ride is very loud and I feel the interior material quality isn't as good as my wife's old 1996 Civic (gone). There are scratches on the hard plastics in 1 year that weren't there on the 10 year old Civic. However, it has many features for what we paid, but Civic needs a refresh.

Highway MPG, low operating cost (so far @ 15k miles), sat radio, navigation, sunroof. At least used, it was good-great value for money. Takes 87 octane, and (hopefully) strong resale value.

Fix the following: Car is LOUD with road noise; poor power from engine (getting up inclines, etc); poor city mpg:performance ratio (vs a Cooper S I owned which got 30-33 no matter what), easily scratched interior plastics, front end impossible to see when parking (worse than a 1994 Firebird!)

Good on gas
By Ms.Jones

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Drives well, no serious mechanical issues even though it was a salvage, One issues have been the damage done before I bought it when it was stolen. The rear shock is leaking, thinking about having the gear box looked at changing gears isnt as fluid as when I first bought it.

Gas and indicator light display. Gas Mileage, Gas tank size, well designed interior, roomy trunk.

I'm short and the seat hit the visor and it broke. It'd be nice if It wouldn't have. It's actually expensive to get fixed at the dealer. Rear shock I've read is an issue for other drivers as well.

Awesome
By gapster

2008 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! its my 3rd honda...never owned anything else. The one complaint I have about this car is it is terrible in snow! it seems to slip around a lot. Looking into buying some better tires that what it came with. other than that....I have nothing but great things to say about this car!

Sporty look, but economical on the wallet

Never agian
By Ts

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for 18 months, bought brand new, thought I was buying quality. WRONG. This car has design flaws. Sunvisers bust and fall on your head (replaced 4). A/C doesn't work at stop lights. Engine rattles when you start it in the morning. Car does not start on first try every time(stranded 2x's and now carry jumper cables). Honda cares about my safety so much they will not even look at anything wrong with the car. I am told "unless you can duplicate the problem there isn't one."

Gas Mileage.

The sunvisor issue is dangerous. And lots of super glue.