Used 2008 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Si

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Fun fun fun
By maccve

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just picked it up last night, but it has been nothing but fun since then. This is my second SI, the first being a 1990 model when I was younger. I never owned a vehicle since then that had so much fun character to it, till now. Anyway, it has a great sound from the exhaust and is a blast to drive. I have not quite gotten the sound system adjusted, but I am coming from a BOSE system in the vehicle I have passed to my wife, so it may never sound that good. All I want to do today is drive drive drive!

Engine and body, adjustable seat and steering wheel, and roomy interior. Heck the whole package is just great, car feels so solid and well put together. The gear shifter is the best I have ever used!

Better stereo, but I can live with it!

Couldn't Be Happier
By Nic

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Traded in a gas-guzzling SUV for my Civic Si and couldn't be happier. I love the small steering wheel, relatively short throw shifter, exhaust sound and the handling. Seeing how well it handles the ride is actually fairly comfortable for this type of car. The exhaust isn't loud and weed-eater-like but it has a nice hum to it at 6000rpm's. I've been averaging around 32 mpg @ 75 mph.

6 Speed, exhaust sound

More front seat adjustability. I'm 6'4" and could use another 2" of rearward adjustability.

One of the best in class
By g

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. I love it when the engine hits the 6000- 8200 rpm. It makes me want to Pound it everywhere I go, and I still get 24 mpg. The transmission is smooth. Some people complain about third gear but I haven't had any problems. I would like to have more power, but who doesn't. The one thing about this car you have to be in the right gear to get the most out of the engine. Not a perfect car but very fun to drive.

High revs, great interior, exterior, trunk space, standard features (p/w, p/l, moonroof, all around airbags, lsd, sound system), transmission, handles great, and its a Honda

Needs more room, rough ride, cant see front or back when parking, allot of blind spots, very thin paint ( I have a lot of paint chips everywhere), needs more horses,

Who needs a Porshe for FUN!
By RonBhamAL

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Nav (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have driven mostly luxury cars (BMW 325, IS250) and after 3 months still can't believe how great this car is. I have to remind myself I am in a economy car. Well-mannered, fast, comfortable. I get more looks than I did in my lux cars. Yes, I opted for the loaded SI/NAV and added blk leather, tinted windows. Civic SI is bringing sexy back! And valet guys fight to park it.

Flash card port that you can scroll by artist or song on the nav's touchscreen with 999 song capability. Comfortable seats, outdoor temp gauge, low tire pressure gauge, sexy looks, head popping speed.

Can't believe theres not blue-tooth with NAV pkg. Also need back-up camera because of poor rear visibility. Auto-volume control turns up too loudly when accelerating. Needs rear windshield wiper! A bit of road noise. Nose dance with quick acceleration. Need RWD! Wish they made an Accord Coupe SI!

Wow - what a mistake
By Hizo

2008 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After having waited for this car, and paying for the upgrades, i feel like my money went down the drain. Day 1, pick up the car, leave the dealership, and there is a popping noise from the suspension, the cd player was broken. Took the car in found that the suspension needed to be fixed, the front tires had to be replaced and the cd player among other items. A month into ownership, the car starts making all kinds of rattles, and loud noises when coming to a stop. Cat was replaced and many clips and molding in the car. Transmission started popping out of third gear, that is still being worked on. All in all, Honda has done over 9K of warranty work on the car already!

None

Stop building a car that doesn't belong on the road. Just close shop and go home.