Used 2008 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 568 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Everything about it is just great!
By Joseph K

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

First off let me say how amazing this car is on gas millage. Driving to New York City from Buffalo has never been cheaper for me. Secondly, I am 6'4" and I fit wonderfully into this car. If you are as tall as I am I would highly recommend looking into this car. I am a second generation Honda owner and I honestly couldn't be happier with the design and performance of this civic. If you are looking for a fuel efficient car that gives a smooth ride and is fun to drive this is your ticket.

Digital Dashboard, Gas Millage, place to plug in electronics as well as an MP3 jack.

The emergency break's placement is a bit annoying, however its easy to position yourself so its not bothersome. Locking glove compartment.

Nice change
By Wayne

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased first Honda car after years of owning Corollas. Was looking for a four door with more power, and great gas mileage. Purchased the car due to its many performance, safety features and its low price. I am satisfied with the vehicles performance, and have been getting 30 mpg. I could use more room in the front seat, but I am 6'3'' 250 lbs. Car has many blind spots. Overall, it seems to be a solid car, nice combination of ride/ handling. Easily accelerates to highway speeds. Peace of mind with the standard side curtain air bags. The interior dash is different but a nice change.

Drivetrain, gas mileage, 4 door versatility, predicted reliability.

More front leg room.

Still the ONE.
By Matt Landers

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

With 5,500 miles on this car in a little over 2 months. No complaints. Gas mileage for mixed driving is around 30 MPG. Not too bad. Exclusive HWY driving yields between 37-40 MPG. Even better. Overall a good car and thus far would recommend this model to a friend. I'll write back in a few months with more updates.

Aside from the styling and MPG my favorite exterior feature is the front fascia (with fog lights). Interior? there is a lot more. The Audio system (350 watts) steering wheel controls and the two tier dash.

For a car in this price range ($20,500) Vehicle Stability Assist should be standard. Best bang for your buck is the EX trim level. LX is good but you'll miss the little extras. (variable intermittent wipers, alloy wheels, sunroof, audio controls on the steering wheel and trunk remote on key fob)

My favorite car
By My favorite car

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently bought the 2008 Honda civic sedan LX and i love it. I have bought a lot of cars and this one has to be my favorite. I drove the accord it was great but i was just liking the civic more. The a/c isn't too great as everyone else says but i like to ride with the windows down anyway. The radio works really good. It has some get up and go when it's needed but definitely not the si. Other than the a/c the car is great!

Display, Sleek and stylish, quiet

I would just have to say a better a/c

Luv Our Hondas
By Honda Family

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Finally sold off the 93 DX MT model for a 2008 EX AT and couldn't be more satisfied. The EX gets 32 City with AC. Highway mileage is also impressive - we're getting 38 on the highway! Can't ask for a smoother, more quiet ride. Enjoying the keyless entry, remote trunk, 6 speakers, and there's plenty of room for the 6'2" passengers. It's a great value for the money. The dealer installed the low profile spoiler and tinted the windows. Now we really look cool! We researched and test drove a couple SUVs as well as the Corolla and Accord. They couldn't compare to the Civic's ride and reputation for dependability.

Great gas mileage, plenty of safety features, stylish interior, keyless entry, good looks, smooth ride, sound system, plenty of storage areas, easy to read dash display. Great value for the price.

Feel like I have a small blind spot on the front driver's side that I don't notice on the right. Might be due to the slope of the windshield. I am getting into the habit of checking the little 'wing' window for objects. Offer more exterior color choices.