Used 2008 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 565 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great car
By Nat

2008 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I didn't fit in the Corolla. I am 6'1" and I fit in the Civic coupe. My right leg does rest against the hand brake, but I can live with that. MPG on combined driving has been 35.2 and on more highway driving has been 38.9 with only 1800 miles on the car! Handles great and plenty of power. Ride is a little stiff, but the car is so fun to drive. In 90 degree heat the air conditioning has been great.

MPG, handling, easy to read dash.

Move the hand brake lever.

Good Car but Not Sure about Gas Mileage
By Marie

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got a Honda Civic as my second car, got my first when I was 16 and it was a Sunfire with AMAZING gas mileage but it was old and needed a new car. I liked the Civic for all its features but mostly the gas mileage but after 800 miles and 3 tanks later I am only getting 24.5 miles per gallon and don't understand why. I wanted 29 at least like it said! So I'm not happy but wondering if maybe there is a reason and if someone can tell me why I would very much appreciate it! I'm just a young girl who thought she did her research well. But other than that it's a GREAT car!

sunroof, radio, heated seats

gas mileage bluetooth as an option

Everything about it is just great!
By Joseph K

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

First off let me say how amazing this car is on gas millage. Driving to New York City from Buffalo has never been cheaper for me. Secondly, I am 6'4" and I fit wonderfully into this car. If you are as tall as I am I would highly recommend looking into this car. I am a second generation Honda owner and I honestly couldn't be happier with the design and performance of this civic. If you are looking for a fuel efficient car that gives a smooth ride and is fun to drive this is your ticket.

Digital Dashboard, Gas Millage, place to plug in electronics as well as an MP3 jack.

The emergency break's placement is a bit annoying, however its easy to position yourself so its not bothersome. Locking glove compartment.

Nice change
By Wayne

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased first Honda car after years of owning Corollas. Was looking for a four door with more power, and great gas mileage. Purchased the car due to its many performance, safety features and its low price. I am satisfied with the vehicles performance, and have been getting 30 mpg. I could use more room in the front seat, but I am 6'3'' 250 lbs. Car has many blind spots. Overall, it seems to be a solid car, nice combination of ride/ handling. Easily accelerates to highway speeds. Peace of mind with the standard side curtain air bags. The interior dash is different but a nice change.

Drivetrain, gas mileage, 4 door versatility, predicted reliability.

More front leg room.

Still the ONE.
By Matt Landers

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

With 5,500 miles on this car in a little over 2 months. No complaints. Gas mileage for mixed driving is around 30 MPG. Not too bad. Exclusive HWY driving yields between 37-40 MPG. Even better. Overall a good car and thus far would recommend this model to a friend. I'll write back in a few months with more updates.

Aside from the styling and MPG my favorite exterior feature is the front fascia (with fog lights). Interior? there is a lot more. The Audio system (350 watts) steering wheel controls and the two tier dash.

For a car in this price range ($20,500) Vehicle Stability Assist should be standard. Best bang for your buck is the EX trim level. LX is good but you'll miss the little extras. (variable intermittent wipers, alloy wheels, sunroof, audio controls on the steering wheel and trunk remote on key fob)