Used 2008 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 566 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great On Gas
By UNC Medic

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got the Civic after several co- workers talked about how much they loved theirs. I went from a crown vic w/p71 package to this and love it. Much better on gas first tank had 39 mpg now after 3 tanks avg 35 mpg all highway @80 mph. It's comfortable considering I am a big guy (6,2) and not exactly small. LOL. The interior is great love the leather seats I bypassed the ex-l w/navi for reg ex-l and not sorry. The ride is fine but loud on certain types of pavement (hwy) anyway. Would highly recommend one. Going one way to work @57 miles its comfortable and dear I say sporty. Head room is great even with the sunroof.

Leather seats, sunroof, stereo, one touch features.

Locking glove box is about it.Other then that its great for the price.

I'm lovin' it
By bonjovess

2008 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have always driven American made cars. I would never give in to the Honda hype. So many people had them. When gas prices went up these recent months I decided it was time to trade my SUV to save gas money. It took me a few weeks to get used to the small size, but now I'm hooked. The first two tanks of gas alone sold me. I am surprised how well my civic handles. I have driven it in pouring rain and not been afraid, the steering is very good. I was shocked how quickly I have gotten used to the smaller size. The only true complaint is that since I am a tall girl (5'8") it is kind of hard to get in and out of. Once I am in though, I'm very comfortable.

The gas mileage is great! I love that I didn't have to give up my leather (with heated seats), since the 2008 now has a leather package. I love the blue backlit instrument panel, radio display, and the placement of the digital speedometer. I also like the warning light for the tire pressure.

The one thing that I have missed with this car is my automatic lights.

Lovely, cute
By Baltz K

2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I talked my wife into getting a 4 door Civic for convenience, as she is hauling two grand children. (She was driving an 01 Sunfire GT). We went to the dealer to test drive it. But then, she spotted the 2 door. It was all over. Convenience no longer mattered. She loves it! "It is hugging me" she feels. The salesman also pointed out that it has the big 350W stereo (4 door EX models only have 140W). That was it! Final!

Sunroof, dash, steering wheel, all safety features including EST, shape, especially front, rear looks better than the 4 door.

I wish I would have noticed the cheap covers over the holes that should have fog lights. The car doesn't look right without them. It is a job to add them and I will probably have to have them installed by professionals.

Disgusted
By DJ in Bama

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I was transferred to a new plant which increased my drive to around 35 miles one way. I justified buying the Civic based on the 36 mpg. I have documented 8 straight tank fulls, after reaching 3000 miles, that never got over 30. This is driving 30+ interstate miles one way with the cruise set at 70mph. I carried it to the dealer and got nowhere. Wrote Honda a letter and was basically told "your problem." I have 3 Honda's in my driveway now but will not have another! If you are thinking of buying a Civic I strongly suggest you really investigate all other options first.

Honda to become more customer friendly!

Honest Assessment
By JoeBlowConsumer

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I really like this car; however, there are aspects that I don't like. Perhaps this will be helpful to others. *Remote doesn't open trunk *Much plastic on this car. Looks good in most places but feels cheap in some. ex. inside door lever, hand break,etc *Don't like fabric on the door handles and console. Waiting to get dirty and stained. * body materials 'very' thin and some plastic. Lightly press or rub roof and it flexes. Doors sound cheap and hollow when closed. * Road noise if that is of concern to you. * cannot use DVD media in stereo to play mp3 and dvds. Only CD media Good car but always room for improvement

mileage, looks, inside storage bins, etc, mp3/wma stereo (with CD or Ipod),6 speed automatic transmission

+ support for dvd media vs CD media. you can put music on DVDs you know. + address issues listed above