Used 2008 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 568 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Happy with my Civic :)
By Step-Mom

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car to replace my '03 Accord that was totaled in an accident. Was considering a new Accord, but the price of Accords have gone up from when I purchased my '03. And I was looking for a car with better gas mileage than the current Accord. I decided to give the Civic a chance. I'm glad I did! I loved this car from my first test drive. It is surprisingly roomy and has a peppy engine---acceleration is more than adequate. I have only owned this car for 1 month. 3 tanks of gas with gas mileage slowly improving from 28 to 29, to 30. This is with my A/C on ALL the time (in 100+ degrees) and with mixed highway/city driving. I am sure gas mileage will improve.

Paint is a lot better quality than on my '03 Accord, digital odometer, expected re-sale value, (hopefully) Honda reliability like my 2 previous Hondas, gas mileage. The Civic is also more fun to drive than my old Accord, maybe because of its smaller size.

More comfortable seats, should have trunk release on key, don't use the Ivory color for the interior (it gets way too dirty), horn is way too quiet. I'm not crazy about the front end of the Civic. It's too low.

Satisfied with MPG and Comfort
By Satisfied on MPG

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Looking for great MPG and comfort on long trips in car I plan to own over 10 years and 200,000 miles. Have owned the car for 2 months and have over 5,000 miles. MPG has ranged from 42 to 47 using 89 octane 90% Ethanol fuel in Midwest. 1/2 has been Interstate mileage at 75-80 mph with A/C. Best mileage was 47 mpg with 65 mph highway night time with no A/C. Car has been everything I hoped for! My concerns include (1) Auto stop engine cutoff at stop light/signs on hill and car will roll back if break not fully depressed. (2) Accelerating power at either a stopped position moving into traffic or passing at high speed is limited. Only 2nd new car bought. Prius wait 9 months; Civic 2 weeks.

Big Bang for the buck
By Jd

2008 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Before buying this car i test drove V6 mustangs, 350z & some other sport coupes. keeping in mind the reliability,fuel economy,resale value & price i am glad i made the right decision. Fun to drive specially when the Vtec kicks in car sounds like a Ferrari :).

Handling, the gauges, vtec sound & exterior design

More torque, too many blind spots, memory seats, leather, lighter stock wheels.

Very Satisfied
By John

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Previously owned a 2001 Civic EX. I liked the car, but it unfortunately got totaled. Walked away without a scratch. Accordingly, I purchased another Civic as a replacement. I liked my 2001 Civic, but I LOVE this one! It is MUCH more refined, drives much better, is quieter, has more room, etc. MUCH better car!

Cool dual layer dash. Navigation system. Radio. Voice Commands. Looks. Gas Millage. Performance. All the bells and whistles! I just LOVE this car! It's amazing and, for the first time in years, it's a fun car to drive!

Front seat is a little uncomfortable. Some of this is probably due to lack of foot room due to clutch, but the seat could definitely use lumbar support. Also, seriously, move the parking brake. It hits my knee uncomfortably.

A Blast to Drive
By MNRod54

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

First Honda I have owned but my 2 sons have both driven hondas. They were right about the seats, they are some of the most comfortable I have ever had in a vehicle. Almost 3000 miles so far and have averaged 30+mpg every tank. It's real hard to keep the revs under 6000. When you reach that point its almost like a turbo kicking in. Sticks to the road and takes the curves like a race car. Love to push this thing around the twists. Firm ride but not choppy, great sound system, it really rocks. I had the aero kit installed and it looks great super sporty in ralleye red. Nothing but compliments on the looks. Overall a great combination of performance and economy.

Stereo. Seats..plenty of legroom. Lots of power.

Heated Leather would be nice.