Used 2008 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 276 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I'm lovin' it
By bonjovess

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have always driven American made cars. I would never give in to the Honda hype. So many people had them. When gas prices went up these recent months I decided it was time to trade my SUV to save gas money. It took me a few weeks to get used to the small size, but now I'm hooked. The first two tanks of gas alone sold me. I am surprised how well my civic handles. I have driven it in pouring rain and not been afraid, the steering is very good. I was shocked how quickly I have gotten used to the smaller size. The only true complaint is that since I am a tall girl (5'8") it is kind of hard to get in and out of. Once I am in though, I'm very comfortable.

The gas mileage is great! I love that I didn't have to give up my leather (with heated seats), since the 2008 now has a leather package. I love the blue backlit instrument panel, radio display, and the placement of the digital speedometer. I also like the warning light for the tire pressure.

The one thing that I have missed with this car is my automatic lights.

Disgusted
By DJ in Bama

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I was transferred to a new plant which increased my drive to around 35 miles one way. I justified buying the Civic based on the 36 mpg. I have documented 8 straight tank fulls, after reaching 3000 miles, that never got over 30. This is driving 30+ interstate miles one way with the cruise set at 70mph. I carried it to the dealer and got nowhere. Wrote Honda a letter and was basically told "your problem." I have 3 Honda's in my driveway now but will not have another! If you are thinking of buying a Civic I strongly suggest you really investigate all other options first.

Honda to become more customer friendly!

Honest Assessment
By JoeBlowConsumer

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I really like this car; however, there are aspects that I don't like. Perhaps this will be helpful to others. *Remote doesn't open trunk *Much plastic on this car. Looks good in most places but feels cheap in some. ex. inside door lever, hand break,etc *Don't like fabric on the door handles and console. Waiting to get dirty and stained. * body materials 'very' thin and some plastic. Lightly press or rub roof and it flexes. Doors sound cheap and hollow when closed. * Road noise if that is of concern to you. * cannot use DVD media in stereo to play mp3 and dvds. Only CD media Good car but always room for improvement

mileage, looks, inside storage bins, etc, mp3/wma stereo (with CD or Ipod),6 speed automatic transmission

+ support for dvd media vs CD media. you can put music on DVDs you know. + address issues listed above

My First Civic
By K.D. Adams

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned Honda cars for years, but this is my first Civic. Pros: Stylish car, nice ride and performance, dependable Honda quality, good gas mileage. Con: A very deep dashboard makes it and the window difficult to clean if you are petite like me. Automatic door- locking feature interferes with accessibility after exiting the car and then trying to retrieve something inside the car.

I like the positioning of the speedometer set above other dashboard instruments; and the LED style gas gauge.

A better quality radio would be nice; and reduce the depth of the dashboard. Position the seat-adjusting bar closer to the front of the seat so it is easier to reach.

Good Car but Not Sure about Gas Mileage
By Marie

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got a Honda Civic as my second car, got my first when I was 16 and it was a Sunfire with AMAZING gas mileage but it was old and needed a new car. I liked the Civic for all its features but mostly the gas mileage but after 800 miles and 3 tanks later I am only getting 24.5 miles per gallon and don't understand why. I wanted 29 at least like it said! So I'm not happy but wondering if maybe there is a reason and if someone can tell me why I would very much appreciate it! I'm just a young girl who thought she did her research well. But other than that it's a GREAT car!

sunroof, radio, heated seats

gas mileage bluetooth as an option