Used 2008 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 275 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2008 Honda Civic - My work ride
By Al

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My 2008 civic has a bad hesitation on take off, not sure why but I noticed many people with same issue, otherwise it has pep. The interior on my LX lacks cup holders in the back, the truck does not open from the remote, the roof when washing it buckles, very thin. It has plenty of air bags but probably for good reason. I like the low tire pressure warning. I think for the $ it's not a bad car, I use it to drive to work. Gas mileage has been averaging about 31 mpg for me, I am a little heavy on the gas pedal. This is my first Honda, not sure if I would get another one, probably worth shopping around. I was going to get a Mini Cooper, but my wife and kids talked me out of it, maybe next time.

Digital speedo

cup holders in the back of the LX not just the EX. Don't be cheap Honda! Maybe a sport shifter on the automatic would be nice also.

Great MPG in OKC
By Russell

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

First sedan in 10 years and we really like it. Looks great, sporty and well designed. Mostly city driving and getting on average 28 MPG. For those who say it's short on room, I have no idea what car they're in but we have a family of 3 and were used to SUVs and this really works well. More than enough leg and head room plus the trunk holds all the baseball stuff plus chairs with room for more. Never have purchased an extended warranty but I did on this one and saved 1/2 over the dealer cost by googling online and found a dealership in Rhode Island that sells them dirt cheap and they are the exact same ones the local Honda dealer sells.

Stylish interior, dash is cool, very roomy with excellent handling.

Trunk release in remote on LX models would be awesome.

very diappointed
By not impressed

2008 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

It is the most uncomfortable car I have driven. I am at a little over 600 miles and only getting 25 mpg on the hwy! I did months of research and THOUGHT i was making a wise buying decision. I won't buy another.

too many!

Best Option For The Price
By jonjae

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

A Honda is a Honda so you can expect to get efficiency and economy. The design inside and out is the best that I can find in this price range. Well laid out interior controls are user friendly. The split dash is a plus in my opinion. I can see the speedometer without taking my eyes off of the road. I compared the Civic to the Corolla, Mazda 3 and Toyota Matrix. The Mazda and Matrix just didn't have the fuel economy that I was looking for. Anything that averages 30+ mpg is what I needed. The Corolla passes the fuel economy test but many editor reviews seem to be disappointed with the Corolla's performance overall. I'm not impressed with the exterior styling of the Corolla either.

Styling, economy, efficiency

Tighten up the build quality just a little. It's well put together overall but a little more refinement in fit and finish would be nice. Considering the price point, however, it's on par with other cars and you can't expect Lexus quality for under $20K. It's more than acceptable though.

Nice car.
By evped

2008 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned many Hondas and this one is the best. I don't understand the low mpg that others complain about. Every Honda I've owned has averaged whatever the highway mpg figure is. I drive mostly highway and keep the tires inflated and the speed under 70 mph. My lowest mpg has been 38 and the highest was 42.

MPG, handling, style, storage bins, automatic open/close moonroof

None.