Used 2008 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 568 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

08 Si Sedan
By Vaughn

2008 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/Navigation, Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned my 2008 Si Sedan for about 3 months now, bought it used with 25,000 miles on it. It drove exactly the same as the brand new one I drove with 5 miles on it, so I save myself about $7,000. What can I say? It's a great car, I love driving it, the engine sounds awesome when over 6k RPM, and it will take spirited driving with no issues. Did an autocross event last weekend, and that was ridiculously fun. The car gets 28-30mpg, and feels faster than it is. Certainly fast enough for me. I have had no issues with the shifter, the stock stereo is decent, and the car handles great. Looks awesome too : )

Love the split level dash board, 8200rpm redline, engine sound, looks of the car, performance and MPG; so far it's been extremely reliable, zero issues, car feels very solid, smooth riding and quiet inside.

This issue plagues almost all cars in this price range these days; water based paints means it's really hard not to get the front nicked up. The brakes will fade if driven very hard, my first upgrade to the car will be performance pads. More power : ) NAV system needs updating as well.

Still lovin this car
By JohnR1980

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my civic 4dr. ex for almost 2 yrs. Just went over 50k, and still love my car. 35 mpg city and highway. People tell me it looks like a little 07 Acura TL. Ride comfort is great, so long trips for me, not a problem. The civic might have cost a little more than most, but this is my 8th Honda, and won't drive anything else but a HONDA

Dash, gas mileage, exterior and interior looks

None

Love this car
By Dave

2008 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had the heated seat feature installed without the leather - great idea. I also worked the rear view mirror with glare repellent and direction in the deal as well - great idea too. With tinted windows and the rear wing, I find this car every bit as classy as models 3 times the cost. High end tires have helped tremendously - Honda sells them new with a really bad tire.

I love the millage - 36 in city 40 on hi-way consistently, love the dash, the aux option for my IPod and stereo.

Better tire off the lot.

Winter Performance
By palmdove

2008 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have been very happy with my 2008 Civic since I purchased it last fall. It was slightly used as it was the demo car at the dealership. I only started to have a problem when the snow and cold weather arrived last winter. I found that the design of the wheel wells does not leave room to clear away built up snow and ice. I find it gathers there and makes turning difficult at times. It is very hard to clear it away as the area is so tight. On other cars it's easy to just tap it away with your foot etc. I've discovered the only real way of clearing it is with a high pressure hose. I do find this a bit of a design flaw and maybe could be improved!

I love my km display etc. The beautiful blue colour is so easy on the eyes. I also love the oil change monitor...it's so cool!

Already mentioned in previous statement.

The Civic continues to deliver
By misttertee

2008 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost two years now and I do not regret my decision. It consistently delivers better gas mileage than the sticker (36-37 mpg) and is still fun to drive. The build quality and refinement are top notch and the manual transmission provides smooth, short throw shifts. In my opinion, the Civic is a much better design both inside and out than other cars in the segment. I've put 40k miles on this car in just 21 months and it continues to perform like it did when I drove it off the dealer's lot.

Styling, fuel economy, the "auto-up" feature on the driver's side window, build quality, blue lighting behind the dash

You have to be very cautious when backing up and driving in parking lots as there are many blind spots in this car; the rear defroster just never seems to get the job fully done.