Used 2008 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Don't Buy a Civic
By gtko

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has design flaws. Visors that brake on regular bases (I was told that this happens a lot). Laundry hooks brake. A/C blowing hot air at stop lights (I was told this is normal). I have just made my 4th payment and the crappy car is in the shop being worked on for the 6th time. This time the engine is rattling in the morning when it is first started because it is cold. The car also dies when put in reverse. I did not buy a new car to have to have it worked on all the time.

It's cute, good on gas.

Take it back and fix the problems.

Luv it
By SDSU

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

So this is my third civic. 1st one i totaled 2nd one was a 2004 civic sedan and now the 08 EX-L coupe. Love the leather. Love the handling. I have a lead foot and this car just flows with me around the turns. For example, there's a turn that's legally supposed to be taken 35 but this car goes 60 on it easily without even a skid of the tires. Hugs the road perfectly, great suspension. Fun to drive. If your like me and love just letting it all loose on the road and having a great time. this civic is for you. The leather trim steering wheel.seats, seat warmers and great interior doesn't hurt either.

The ONLY thing i would say is KEEP IT! They just keep getting better and better.

The 2008 Honda Civic Coupe
By Matthew

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Good news and Bad news: The Good news is that the Honda Civic Coupe looks hot, reaches 36 mpg on the highway, it was pretty fun to drive, and costs under $15,000. Bad news: The car LOOKS hot, but it really isn't, the headroom makes people annoyed, and it isn't a luxury car (at all). The Civic coupe is best for teenagers who want 0 to 60 times of under 8 seconds, but who don't want to break their budget. It's a nice compact car that isn't so show-offy. It gets good gas mileage. It was pretty fun to drive. If it was given a grade in school, it would be given an 85%. It's a solid car, just nothing special.

Digital-media player connection, steering wheel with radio controls, 6- disc CD/DVD player.

More headroom, more luxury, more power and performance, and hotter looking headlights and grille overall.

Lovely, cute
By Baltz K

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I talked my wife into getting a 4 door Civic for convenience, as she is hauling two grand children. (She was driving an 01 Sunfire GT). We went to the dealer to test drive it. But then, she spotted the 2 door. It was all over. Convenience no longer mattered. She loves it! "It is hugging me" she feels. The salesman also pointed out that it has the big 350W stereo (4 door EX models only have 140W). That was it! Final!

Sunroof, dash, steering wheel, all safety features including EST, shape, especially front, rear looks better than the 4 door.

I wish I would have noticed the cheap covers over the holes that should have fog lights. The car doesn't look right without them. It is a job to add them and I will probably have to have them installed by professionals.

Great car
By Nat

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I didn't fit in the Corolla. I am 6'1" and I fit in the Civic coupe. My right leg does rest against the hand brake, but I can live with that. MPG on combined driving has been 35.2 and on more highway driving has been 38.9 with only 1800 miles on the car! Handles great and plenty of power. Ride is a little stiff, but the car is so fun to drive. In 90 degree heat the air conditioning has been great.

MPG, handling, easy to read dash.

Move the hand brake lever.