Used 2008 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Fun car with economical personality
By reedhands

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car...I bought it brand new off of the lot and have loved it since! I have the manual and love it...only negative feedback would be it needs a stereo with more output for when you really want to rock out. Everything you could want in a car, great price, great gas mileage, roomy truck and big enough to fit four...awesome!

I like the dash and gauges. It is built in layers so you can see everything without it appearing cluttered.

Better stereo.

Awesome Car
By Daniel0127

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car is simply FANTASTIC. I love every feature of it, its sexy, sporty, handles terrific, has great gas mileage and the price is fair for all the feature you get especially the EX model. It has a very strong chassis too. Once I slammed a Cadillac CTS on the back at a full 30 mph without hitting the breaks, I thought I had totaled the car, but only the bumper got scratched. INCREDIBLE. I was totally surprised by that. I think this car is definitely the best one there is out there in its category. Anyone one considering buying one, don't hesitate. I've only done oil changes to it and its been great to me..

Love the moonroof; the audio controls on the steering wheel; the comfortable seats, the dashboard especially; the rims; the color; MPG; everything.

Center console where the emergency break is located, is not very attractive. The plastic on the interior is easily scratched (black interior).

The perfect small car
By arcticracer

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This little car is a gem. My first criteria was MPG, but I got way more than I expected. It was hard to find one with a manual, but I am old school (52 yrs) and prefer it by far. After over 7000 Alaska miles I have averaged 33.7 MPG. On the highway in summer I have reached over 46. With a set of General Altimax Arctic studded tires my Civic sticks to the gnarly Alaska winter roads like glue. Snow tires cost 5 MPG. Handling is precise, sporty, and steering balanced and neutral, leaning slightly toward oversteer. With over 6 months of ice and snow, I have been amazed with the sure-footed habits of the Civic. My wife also loves driving it.

Having driven the Civic through one brutal Fairbanks winter down to 50 below, the heater has proven to be excellent. Even idling and around town. Instrumentation is cool, and the ergonomics also very good. Looks very sporty. Very high resale according to most sources.

Radio needs improvement. Suffers from intermod distortion in large city. (2 stations at once). Radio has interference when rear defroster is on. Door panel vinyl covering is easy to mark up, my dog left toenail marks on it. Rear brakes are drums, would like discs.

Civic EX Coupe 2008 is a loser
By Freddy

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have previously owned 2000 and 2004 Civic EX coupes and have loved them. My 2008 is a total letdown. It has the loudest, roughest ride of any car I have owned, including older Corvettes. The road noise is terrible. The entire car has been cheaply made. It seems loaded with plastic. Corners have been cut everywhere. It looks great from the outside, but that's the only positive about this car. The seats are too hard. The trunk requires forced slamming while the gas pedal has no tactile feedback. The sun visors are very stiff to use. The seat belt and directional noise chimes are much louder than my 2004. Actually irritating. The high beam indicator on the directional stick goes on too easily

Nice looking coupe.

Go back to the 2004 era. Quiet this car down. It's all plastic underneath. The ride needs tons of work. Hard to control. Many small features need attention. The blue interior dash lights look childish and cheap. Very plain. The steering is too touchy. No standard cargo net in trunk. etc etc etc

Bang for your buck
By LMULion

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My ratings are based on comparing the Civic to other vehicles in its price range and this car really has the competition beat. Voice nav, play any digital media through aux, plenty of torque to get around LA traffic, no parking spot is too small and I get 28 mpg even though I'm always punching the gas. My previous car was a '98 BMW 540i with lots of power and surprisingly this car speeds up well considering its engine size. Combine all that with low maintenance costs ($40 for oil change, no prob) and a great warranty and this car leaves Nissan, Toyota and Mini in the dust.

Navigation, MPG, high redline, reliability... all things that a "cheap" car needs to feel not-so-cheap.

Bluetooth should come standard with the navigation package, instead it's a $700 add on. Luckily most smart phones like the G1, Blackberry and iPhone plug into the aux jack and allows you to answer calls through there.