Used 2008 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Civic EX Coupe 2008 is a loser
By Freddy

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have previously owned 2000 and 2004 Civic EX coupes and have loved them. My 2008 is a total letdown. It has the loudest, roughest ride of any car I have owned, including older Corvettes. The road noise is terrible. The entire car has been cheaply made. It seems loaded with plastic. Corners have been cut everywhere. It looks great from the outside, but that's the only positive about this car. The seats are too hard. The trunk requires forced slamming while the gas pedal has no tactile feedback. The sun visors are very stiff to use. The seat belt and directional noise chimes are much louder than my 2004. Actually irritating. The high beam indicator on the directional stick goes on too easily

Nice looking coupe.

Go back to the 2004 era. Quiet this car down. It's all plastic underneath. The ride needs tons of work. Hard to control. Many small features need attention. The blue interior dash lights look childish and cheap. Very plain. The steering is too touchy. No standard cargo net in trunk. etc etc etc

Bang for your buck
By LMULion

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My ratings are based on comparing the Civic to other vehicles in its price range and this car really has the competition beat. Voice nav, play any digital media through aux, plenty of torque to get around LA traffic, no parking spot is too small and I get 28 mpg even though I'm always punching the gas. My previous car was a '98 BMW 540i with lots of power and surprisingly this car speeds up well considering its engine size. Combine all that with low maintenance costs ($40 for oil change, no prob) and a great warranty and this car leaves Nissan, Toyota and Mini in the dust.

Navigation, MPG, high redline, reliability... all things that a "cheap" car needs to feel not-so-cheap.

Bluetooth should come standard with the navigation package, instead it's a $700 add on. Luckily most smart phones like the G1, Blackberry and iPhone plug into the aux jack and allows you to answer calls through there.

Great Economy Car
By MiamiDriver

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 Civic is the 4th Honda I've owned. It seems to continue Honda's fine tradition of stylish, economical, reliable transportation.

The front bucket seats are very comfortable and the iPod aux connection is a great addition.

The sound insulation is poor at reducing road noise at highway speeds, as is the lackluster acceleration with the 4 cylinder engine. One other pet peeve of mine is the driver's side electric window switch which is difficult to use to roll the window just partially down.

Impressed
By Impressed

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my wife's new vehicle and she absolutely loves it. I'm pretty impressed as well. We see 29 MPG driving during the week (all city), and have gotten 38 on long highway trips. The car runs great and is a smooth comfortable ride. I've been very impressed with the build quality and reliability of this car. It beats the heck out of my old '96 Taurus for comfort, quality, and convenience. I can see hanging on to this car for a long time. I'll be looking Honda when my Taurus dies.

Fuel economy, build quality.

The seat cushions could use a little more support, or be adjustable to raise just the front of the cushion. Currently they lack support for bigger guys like myself (6'2" 220lbs).

Love It
By R.Bostic

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My parents helped me with this car for a graduation present and I love it. It's fun to drive, great on gas and is very stylish inside. I've gotten nothing but compliments on it and I love it. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a reliable coupe.

Interior design