Used 2008 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Perfect Car
By hondahoot

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a college student, and my parents bought me this car at graduation. It is the perfect car for a college kid. It's dependable, sporty, safe, fun to drive, and turns heads. My parents like knowing that I always have my seat belt on, and that I love my car. Plus I get at least 36 mph on the highway. I have the rally red, and I just had the under spoilers and moonroof visor put on it, and people love it. Could not be happier. Plus the iPod aux jack is great, I never listen to the radio.

Interior design with digital display, body style, gas mileage, safety, auxiliary jack, sound system, moonroof, large trunk.

Backseat is small, but it's a coupe, so it's expected. Digital instrument panel sometimes lags under extreme cold conditions (under 20F).

Best purchase made in 2008
By lj82

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Civic has great pick up for getting on the highway. I commute to work about 26 miles a day, and my gas mileage is outstanding.

The model I have has a device input jack that allows me to listen to music off my phone, or mp3 players. This feature is awesome!

Fun car with economical personality
By reedhands

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car...I bought it brand new off of the lot and have loved it since! I have the manual and love it...only negative feedback would be it needs a stereo with more output for when you really want to rock out. Everything you could want in a car, great price, great gas mileage, roomy truck and big enough to fit four...awesome!

I like the dash and gauges. It is built in layers so you can see everything without it appearing cluttered.

Better stereo.

Awesome Car
By Daniel0127

2008 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car is simply FANTASTIC. I love every feature of it, its sexy, sporty, handles terrific, has great gas mileage and the price is fair for all the feature you get especially the EX model. It has a very strong chassis too. Once I slammed a Cadillac CTS on the back at a full 30 mph without hitting the breaks, I thought I had totaled the car, but only the bumper got scratched. INCREDIBLE. I was totally surprised by that. I think this car is definitely the best one there is out there in its category. Anyone one considering buying one, don't hesitate. I've only done oil changes to it and its been great to me..

Love the moonroof; the audio controls on the steering wheel; the comfortable seats, the dashboard especially; the rims; the color; MPG; everything.

Center console where the emergency break is located, is not very attractive. The plastic on the interior is easily scratched (black interior).

The perfect small car
By arcticracer

2008 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This little car is a gem. My first criteria was MPG, but I got way more than I expected. It was hard to find one with a manual, but I am old school (52 yrs) and prefer it by far. After over 7000 Alaska miles I have averaged 33.7 MPG. On the highway in summer I have reached over 46. With a set of General Altimax Arctic studded tires my Civic sticks to the gnarly Alaska winter roads like glue. Snow tires cost 5 MPG. Handling is precise, sporty, and steering balanced and neutral, leaning slightly toward oversteer. With over 6 months of ice and snow, I have been amazed with the sure-footed habits of the Civic. My wife also loves driving it.

Having driven the Civic through one brutal Fairbanks winter down to 50 below, the heater has proven to be excellent. Even idling and around town. Instrumentation is cool, and the ergonomics also very good. Looks very sporty. Very high resale according to most sources.

Radio needs improvement. Suffers from intermod distortion in large city. (2 stations at once). Radio has interference when rear defroster is on. Door panel vinyl covering is easy to mark up, my dog left toenail marks on it. Rear brakes are drums, would like discs.