2007 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Great Trouble free car

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

LX Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Great Trouble free car
By hpopik on

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Honda Civic and it is
a great dependable car .Drives nicely and handles well except in snow as it is not good for Alberta snowy winters. I have only 53,000 Kilometers about 35,000 miles and the car is just great.
Only one long trip of about 2,000 miles to Great Falls and back to St.Albert, Alberta in Canada.
Tires with purchase were of poor quality and I replaced them
with Bridgestone Ecopia tires and the car handles better than new.
I like the car as mine is black and other than a few dingles which I had detailed out for $275 and car looks like new . Visor had to be replaced on warranty and nothing else other than tires.
Great gas mileage and handles extremely well.
Since my last review I now have 79000 Kilometers or 50,000 miles as of July 30,2016 and the car is still awesome .
I use synthetic oil and have my changed the transmission fluid as the car is 9 years old.
Still a good car and I intend on keeping it as long as possible.
I Had to replace the coil springs for $1100 Canadian $800 Us at 80,000 or 50,000 miles so the reliability is not as good as advertised .Other than that the car is excellent!
car now now at 89000 Kilometers and car is still excellent .
The ten year warranty on the motor elapsed in March of 2017 this year because engine problems with 2007 motors the warranty was extended to 10 years which now expired.
Though about replacing the car after engine warranty expired in March but decided to keep it as the car is terrific.
Compared to my wifes 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT cab which require annual maintenance of car is about $1000 per year which i think is not good.

• Outward visibility
  • Climate control
  • Fuel economy
  • Maintenance cost
  • Warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review