Used 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best Fun Per MPG
By dochollywood

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is amazing. I have driven the car nearly 8000 miles, mostly highway, but about 20% city, and I am averaging about 53 MPG. Really, that is what the on board computer says and when I calculate it myself, I get more like 55 MPG. Either way, more than what the sticker claims. I drive conservative, but on straight-aways and downhill I go at least 70 MPH, and uphill around 55-60, so I do not drive exceedingly slow. The car is fun to drive and handles like a sports car...a definite great buy.

Great interior, nice body style, great handling, MPG master

Better lumbar support in seats.

Perfect for me
By preciousTS

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I needed a vehicle with great gas mileage, yet big enough to hold luggage, two keyboards, stands, an amp, a large box of equipment, a large dog crate and a bicycle. I can fit all of this and more into my little Civic Hybrid. While shopping I actually had salespeople attempt to load my music equipment into a Prius but it would not fit. This little Civic is a joy to drive, looks great, is quiet and comfy and has all of the safety features I have come to love and trust about Hondas. I get anywhere between 43 to 57 miles per gallon, and find this to be a zippy little machine. I previously drove a Chevy Malibu and loved it, but for the savings in gas the Civic wins the day. Sweet little car!

Beautiful car - I got the icy blue color - and of course the gas mileage! I also love that I can cram it full of stuff. The seats are comfortable, the headrests and seat belts are adjustable, and little storage compartments are everywhere. The blue dashboard lights-very cool! A great value car.

I would like to see a digital compass, a "miles to empty" gauge, and a light sensor to automatically turn on and off the headlights, simply because I'm used to that on my previous car. Be aware that the hybrid conserves energy by not having a lot of interior lights come on when you enter the car.

Do the Right Thing
By Roy

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a nice car! Roomy, comfortable. Great ergonomics, except for the lack of automatic headlights. Sluggish pickup, but that's the price for great gas mileage. Once it gets going, it's fine in traffic. XM radio is a treat, but the audio quality could be better. With my "No more blood for oil" bumper sticker, I'm having fun driving in front of Hummers. And with the safety features, I don't have to be intimidated by them. Handling is good. It's a tight ride. I expect typical Honda dependability. Trunk is big enough for most uses. Bottom line: Gets me where I'm going in comfort and safety, for about half the gas as my last car.

XM radio.

Automatic headlights. More powerful electric motor.

The Hybrid With Style!
By dochollywood

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have about 5000 miles on my Civic hybrid already and I am averaging 55MPG according to my calculations, and 53MPG according to the on board computer. I drive mainly highway miles with a little city. Car is grear, fun to drive, and handles great, and being able to drive 600 miles on one tank is awesome. Much better handling than the Prius, although I think it has a little better pick-up.

MPG, interior design, handling

Driver seat needs better lumbar support.

Recomended Buy
By New car great

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car,well put together,excelent road manners. The mileage thus far about 40-45 mpg. Changed my driving style. I think better than Prius, only regret not buying the GPS system. Highly recomended!

Mileage, responsive steering, solid build.

Lithium Ion Batts. coming, will upgrade, darker tinted windows.